Joanne Peh at the Star Awards 2011
|Pinyin||Bái Wēixìu (Mandarin)|
April 25, 1983 |
Joanne Peh (born 25 April 1983) is a Singaporean actress and contracted artiste under MediaCorp. She won her second Best Actress at the 2012 Star Awards, a feat only matched by fellow MediaCorp actress Rui En.
After winning the title of Miss Elegant and Miss Personality in Miss Singapore Universe 2002, Joanne was talent spotted and signed on as an artiste with MediaCorp. Despite having to juggle both work and her university studies at the same time, her excellent performances won her both the Most Popular Newcomer award and the Top 10 Most Popular Female Artistes award at the Star Awards 2004, an annual award ceremony for TV personalities.
Joanne was educated in Temasek Secondary School where she was head prefect and Victoria Junior College. After her graduation with a mass communications degree from the School of Communication and Information at Nanyang Technological University, Joanne continued her acting career with the station as a full-time actress. She impressed audiences with her natural acting in drama serials such as Like Father, Like Daughter, The Golden Path, The Little Nyonya and A Tale of 2 Cities. Her compelling portrayal of Yuzhu, the ill-fated girl with a heart of gold in The Little Nyonya, earned her rave reviews, as well as a Best Actress award nod at Star Awards 2009.
Joanne’s foray into movies started as early as 2004, when she acted in Jack Neo’s movie The Best Bet. In 2011, she proved her versatility and potential as a movie actress in Raintree Pictures’ highly successful festive blockbuster, It’s A Great Great World.
Effectively bilingual and well known for her eloquence and intelligence, Joanne is also a competent host for variety shows and specials, including President’s Star Charity 2005 and The Activist Journey, which won her the Best Info-ed Programme Host award at Star Awards 2011.
A highly sought-after celebrity for commercial endorsements, Joanne has lent her face to numerous immensely successful campaigns, including Lux and Jetstar.
Peh had a highly public relationship with Bobby Tonelli for four years, after meeting on the set of The Little Nyonya. The couple regularly appeared on television shows and commercials with one another before their split.
TV Serials 电视剧
- 九层糕 Beautiful Connection as He Wei
- Nokia MMS Moments Mini-Drama - Romance
- 心网追凶 The Crime Hunters
- 我爱我家 I Love My Home
- 非一般妈妈 To Mum With Love
- 家财万贯 The Ties That Bind
- 活下去 A Life of Hope as Feifei 飞飞
- 梦在手里 Destiny
- 让爱自邮 Yours Always
- 想握你的手 Your Hand In Mine (180-episode long running drama) as Daughter: Wu Youqing 吴有情, Mother: Liu Jinlian 刘金莲
- 皇帽瑞狮喜迎虎电视电影系列 Carlsberg Showcase
- 等一等爱情 Love In A Cab
- 再见单人床 Pillow Talk as Zhang Qiuxue 张秋雪
- Keong Saik Street
- Code of Law (season 1) as Sabrina Wong
- Code of Law (season 2) as Sabrina Wong
- 警徽天职3 C.L.I.F. 3 as Liao Xinyi/Leow Xin Yi 廖心怡
- 突然发财 The Best Bet (Local Movie directed by Jack Neo)
- 大世界 It's A Great Great World
- 普威之夜 PSC Nite'02
- 城人杂志 City Beat
- 三羊开泰迎丰年 Lunar New Year Special
- 灵猴献宝贺新春 Lunar New Year Special
- High on Life
- President’s Star Charity 2005 总统星光慈善 2005
- 明灯相映真善美 Vesak Day Special
- 佳节年华 Jolly Good Time
- 当公主遇上王子 The Princess & The Prince
- 亚洲时尚风 – 曼谷 Fashion Asia - Bangkok
- 仁心侠旅 The Activist Journey
- Sasuke Singapore
- 哈日时尚风 Kawaii Style Celebrate 2013
- 2004 新传媒花开富贵迎新春
Peh performed at the 2012 countdown party at ViVoCity on December 31, 2011, lip-syncing to an original Chinese song. The performance had mixed reception online, with criticism focused on her lip-syncing and vocal ability.
- Singapore Universe 2002 Finalist, Miss Personality Award, Miss Elegant Award 新加坡环球小姐2002总决赛佳丽/最具个性小姐/最优雅小姐
- 红星大奖2004最受欢迎新人 Most Popular Newcomer, Star Awards 2004
- 红星大奖2004十大最受欢迎女艺人 Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2004
- 红星大奖2005十大最受欢迎女艺人 Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2005
- 红星大奖2009最佳女主角(小娘惹) Best Actress (The Little Nyonya), Star Awards 2009
- 红星大奖2009十大最受欢迎女艺人Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2009
- 红星大奖 2010媒体最喜爱女艺人 Female Media Darling, Star Awards 2010
- 红星大奖2010十大最受欢迎女艺人Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2010
- Hottest Female Personality I Wanna Date, m:idea Youth Choice Awards 2011
- 红星大奖 2011最佳资讯节目主持人 Best Info-ed Programme Host, Star Awards 2011
- 红星大奖2011十大最受欢迎女艺人Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2011
- 红星大奖2012最佳女主角(乐在双城) Best Actress (A Tale of 2 Cities), Star Awards 2012
- 红星大奖2012十大最受欢迎女艺人Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2012
- 红星大奖2013十大最受欢迎女艺人Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards 2013
- 红星大奖2014十大最受欢迎女艺人Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste, Star Awards