John Ehret High School
During Hurricane Katrina, the school suffered wind damage to many of its buildings.
- 4-H Club
- Academic Games
- African-American Studies
- AFJROTC (Defunct)
- Alice Paul Society
- Alpha & Omega Club
- Beta Club
- Broadcast Team
- Chess Club
- Robotics Club
- Executive Suite
- French Honor Society
- Gardening Club
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA)
- Key Club
- Library Club
- Mock Trial Team
- Medical Academy
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- Newspaper Club
- Peer Mediation
- Philosophy Society
- Quiz Bowl
- Sign Language
- Student Council
- Basketball - The boys' basketball team won the Class 5A state championship for the 1992-93 and 2005-06 school years. The team was the subject of an article in the April 2006 issue of Sports Illustrated, and ESPN featured the team's success on SportsCenter.
- Cross Country
- Dance Team
- Flag team
- Football - Won Class 4A state titles in 1981 and 1985.
- Pep squad
- Track & field
Elfrid Payton ULL basketball 76ers first round pick 2014
- Drake Nevis - Defensive tackle with the Indianapolis Colts
- Frank Ocean - Singer-songwriter
- Elfrid Payton - basketball player
- Kordell Stewart - Former NFL Quarterback with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens
- Reggie Wayne - NFL wide receiver with the Indianapolis Colts
- Rio Wells - Former Defensive Back with the Fresno State Bulldogs and Edmonton Eskimos.
- Kimberly Willis Holt - Author, Movie Script Writer My Louisiana Sky, When Zachary Beaver Came to Town, the Piper Reed series, etc.
In late 2008, amidst an investigation into missing money at John Ehret High School, Principal Earline Bridges apparently killed herself. Bridges was found dead in her home in Gretna the morning of October 21, 2008. She had been called to a meeting to discuss the disappearance of about $10,000 dollars from a school event. She did not show up for that meeting and apparently took her own life later.
- "Marrero CDP, Louisiana." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 23, 2009.
- "High School Districts 2012-2013 West Bank of Jefferson Parish Louisiana" (Archive). Jefferson Parish Public Schools. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Marrero CDP, LA" (Archive) U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 19, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Estelle CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Woodmere CDP, LA" (Archive). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on May 18, 2014.
- Kamerick, Megan. "Seven area schools create academies for Freshmen." New Orleans CityBusiness. Monday April 1, 2002. Retrieved on March 17, 2013. Available on LexisNexis. "At John Ehret, the biggest high school in Louisiana with 2,700 students, the school has experienced fewer discipline problems this year, says Donna Donahoe, site coordinator for the grant."
- "School Policies." John Ehret High School.