John Ehret High School
During Hurricane Katrina, the school suffered wind damage to many of its buildings.
- 4-H Club
- Academic Games
- African-American Studies
- AFJROTC (Defunct)
- Alice Paul Society
- Alpha & Omega Club
- Beta Club
- Broadcast Team
- Chess Club
- Robotics Club
- Executive Suite
- French Honor Society
- Gardening Club
- Key Club
- Library Club
- Mock Trial Team
- Medical Academy
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- Newspaper Club
- Peer Mediation
- Philosophy Society
- Quiz Bowl
- Sign Language
- Student Council
- Basketball - The Ehret basketball team were the Class 5A State Champions for the 1992-93 & 2005-06 school year. An article has been written about their accomplishment in the April 2006 issue of Sports Illustrated Magazine, and ESPN's Tom Rinaldi chronicled the team's success on the August 29 edition of SportsCenter.
- Cross Country
- Dance Team
- Football The Patriotts LHSAA Football Won Class 4A State Champs for the following seasons-
1981 John Ehret 32, Covington 13, 1985 John Ehret 42, St. Martinville 7, Majorettes
- Drake Nevis - Defensive tackle with the Indianapolis Colts
- Frank Rideau - Real-life superhero featured in a December 2008 issue of Rolling Stone magazine
- Brandon Daniels - Track&Field Athlete for the Southeastern Louisiana University Lions
- Kordell Stewart - Former NFL Quarterback with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears and Baltimore Ravens
- Reggie Wayne - NFL wide receiver with the Indianapolis Colts
- Rio Wells - Former Defensive Back with the Fresno State Bulldogs and Edmonton Eskimos.
- Frank Ocean - Singer-songwriter
- Kimberly Willis Holt - Author, Movie Script Writer My Louisiana Sky, When Zachary Beaver Came to Town, the Piper Reed series, etc.
In late 2008, amidst an investigation into missing money at John Ehret High School, Principal Earline Bridges apparently killed herself. Bridges was found dead in her home in Gretna the morning of October 21, 2008. She had been called to a meeting to discuss the disappearance of about $10,000 dollars from a school event. She did not show up for that meeting and apparently took her own life later.
- "Marrero CDP, Louisiana." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 23, 2009.
- Kamerick, Megan. "Seven area schools create academies for Freshmen." New Orleans CityBusiness. Monday April 1, 2002. Retrieved on March 17, 2013. Available on LexisNexis. "At John Ehret, the biggest high school in Louisiana with 2,700 students, the school has experienced fewer discipline problems this year, says Donna Donahoe, site coordinator for the grant."
- "School Policies." John Ehret High School.