||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (February 2013)|
12 November 1943|
Høyland, Sandnes, Norway
|Died||29 April 2008
Julie Ege (Norwegian pronunciation: [jʉːliə ˈeːɡə]; 12 November 1943 – 29 April 2008) was a Norwegian actress and model.
Ege was born in Høyland, Sandnes; she was a Miss Norway and Miss Universe contestant and a Penthouse Pet. In 1967, she moved to England as an au pair to improve her English and also studied at a language school.
She made her film debut in a low budget Norwegian film Stompa til sjøs (Jennings at Sea). Ege appeared in 1969's On Her Majesty's Secret Service as Helen, the "Scandinavian girl." She later starred in Hammer Film Productions' Creatures the World Forgot and The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires. Other appearances include the Gluttony segment of The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins.
Ege is probably best remembered for her role in the 1971 comedy hit film Up Pompeii alongside Frankie Howerd. She played Voluptua, a Roman ruler. Her voice however was overdubbed by another actress for the film. On being introduced to Lance Percival's character, who says "Madame, it's a pleasure", her famous response is "Yes, I know. I've tried it".
In a UK TV Documentary a few years before her death she stated that she never minded being labelled a glamour actress and that it had been a good life that basically helped pay the bills.
Ege was twice married and divorced and had two daughters.
- Robbery (1967)
- Stompa til Sjøs! (1967)
- On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)
- Every Home Should Have One (1970)
- Up Pompeii (1971)
- Creatures the World Forgot (1971)
- The Magnificent Seven Deadly Sins (1971)
- Rentadick (1972)
- Go for a Take (1972)
- The Final Programme (1973)
- Not Now, Darling (1973)
- Kanarifuglen (1973)
- Craze (1974)
- The Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires (1974)
- Percy's Progress (1974)
- The Mutations (1974)
- Bortreist på ubestemt tid (1974)
- Den siste Fleksnes (1974)
- The Amorous Milkman (1975)
- De Dwaze Lotgevullen von Sherlock Jones (1975)
- Farlig yrke (1976)
- Fengslende dager for Christina Berg (1988)
- Blodsbånd (1998)
- Naken (Naked) H. Aschehoug & Co (W. Nygaard). Oslo 2002. ISBN 82-03-22706-6
- Julie Ege at the Internet Movie Database
- Julie Ege at HorrorStars
- Obituary: The Guardian
- Obituary: The Independent