|City of license||Ventura, California|
|Broadcast area||Ventura County, California|
|Callsign meaning||K VENtura|
|Affiliations||CBS Sports Radio
Los Angeles Dodgers Radio Network
KVEN (1450 AM) is a sports radio station licensed to Ventura, California, carrying the national CBS Sports Network and no local programming. It is owned by Cumulus Media. Its power is 1 kW and is also heard in nearby Santa Barbara.
The station used to broadcast the syndicated Wolfman Jack Radio Program, and, on Sunday nights, the Dr. Demento show, but because The Boomer became an affiliate of True Oldies, both shows ceased airing. KVEN was affiliated with ABC Radio's The True Oldies Channel between June 23, 2008, and its conversion to an ESPN radio affiliate. On February 1, 2011 KVEN flipped their oldies music format to sports, with programming from ESPN Radio, which it carried until CBS Sports Radio programming was adopted on January 3, 2013. 
As News Talk KVEN, In the early 1990s, comedy-talk-radio host Phil Hendrie broadcast his unique radio show locally weekday afternoons from 1 to 4PM, from the studios of KVEN. A notable episode was a 5-way on-air round-table chat with Presidents Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, and George H. W. Bush on 11/04/1991, the opening day of the Reagan Library. It was one of Southern California's top 20 rated radio stations during the 1990s.
This station also broadcasts some major sporting events. For example, during the Major League Baseball season, KVEN is the Ventura County radio home of the Los Angeles Dodgers, and during the NCAA football season, it broadcasts University of Southern California football games.
- ""The Boomer" KVEN-AM in Ventura, CA to drop oldies for sports". Radio-Info.com. January 28, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2011.
- ""Oldies" KDZA returns to Pueblo; Ventura gets "True Oldies"". Radio-Info.com. June 24, 2008.
- ""TV-Radio Notebook: Ventura's KVEN part of CBS Sports Radio network launch". January 3, 2013.
- KVEN's website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KVEN
- Radio-Locator Information on KVEN
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KVEN