The Keokuk Junction Railway Co. (reporting mark KJRY), is a Class III railroad in the U.S. states of Illinois and Iowa. It is a subsidiary of Pioneer Railcorp.
The present company was incorporated in 1980 as the Keokuk Northern Real Estate Co., formed in May 1980 to purchase 4.5 miles (7.2 km) of the Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad yard track in Keokuk, Iowa. The KJRY obtained that trackage in 1981. In December 1986, the KJRY bought, from the Santa Fe Railway, 33.5 miles (53.9 km) of trackage consisting of the LaHarpe line and Warsaw line from Keokuk/Warsaw, Illinois to LaHarpe, Illinois, formerly owned by the Toledo, Peoria and Western.
Pioneer Railcorp filed with the Surface Transportation Board to acquire 66.62% of KRENCO, Inc. (the KJRY) from majority shareholder John Warfield, and purchased KRENCO in March 1996.
The KJRY bought 12.1 miles (19.5 km) from LaHarpe to Lomax, Illinois plus assigned trackage rights from Lomax to Fort Madison, Iowa in December 2011; and 76 miles (122 km) from the Toledo, Peoria and Western from LaHarpe to Peoria, Illinois in February 2005.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad — Keokuk, Iowa and Peoria, Illinois
- Canadian National Railway — Peoria, Illinois
- Illinois and Midland Railroad — Peoria, Illinois
- Iowa Interstate Railroad — Peoria, Illinois
- Norfolk Southern Railroad — Peoria, Illinois
- Pioneer Industrial Railway — Peoria, Illinois
- Tazewell and Peoria Railroad — Peoria, Illinois
- Toledo, Peoria and Western Railway — Hollis, Illinois
- Union Pacific Railroad — Fort Madison, Iowa and Peoria, Illinois
- ^ a b "Keokuk Junction Railway Co.". Peoria County, Illinois: Pioneer Railcorp. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- ^ a b c d "Keokuk Junction Railway Company KJRY #365". Short Line Railroad Directory. Omaha, Nebraska: Union Pacific. 2010-06-03. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- ^ Surface Transportation Board Decision, STB Finance Docket No. 34397: Keokuk Junction Railway Company–Alternative Rail Service–Line of Toledo, Peoria and Western Railway Corporation, decided October 31, 2003, page 1
- ^ a b Pioneer Railcorp (1996-02-20). "Form 8-K (current report), document 0000796374-96-000003". Washington, D.C.: Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- ^ a b c d "Keokuk Junction Railroad Co. (KJRY) - 2008". Ames, Iowa: Office of Rail Transportation, Iowa Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2013-10-04.
- ^ 61 FR 13228. Retrieved 2013-10-04.