||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2011)|
||This article may be an autobiography, or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (April 2011)|
Kommissar Hjuler (born 1967 in Detlev Hjuler) works as a sound recordist in the field of Noise and Post-industrial music, visual artist, film maker and police officer at Flensburg, a town on the German border with Denmark. He often works together with his wife Mama Baer as Kommissar Hjuler und Frau. As self-taught artist he began making music in 1999 and visual art in 2006. He is considered to work in the field of neo dada, whereas his output also contains elements of fluxus, art brut.
Kommissar Hjuler und Frau performed at several festivals like Colour out of Space Festival, Brighton, Zappanale, Incubate (festival) and at artists' venues like Morden Tower, Café Oto or Mary Bauermeister's performance space.
His visual art has been exhibited in solo and groups shows at locations like the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, Neues Museum Weserburg, Bremen, Museum Huelsmann, Bielefeld, Museum Brasileiro da Escultura, São Paulo and at several galleries.
Short films by Kommissar Hjuler have been presented at European festivals like 12. Internationales Kurzfilmfestival Muenchen 2010, Vienna Independent Shorts 2011, Leeds International Film Festival 2011, and at Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago.
Kommissar Hjuler shares split albums with Medium Medium, Thurston Moore, Jerome Noetinger, Smegma, he collaborated with numerous artists including GX Jupitter-Larsen, John Wiese, Lasse Marhaug, Dino Felipe, Brume, Lt. Caramel, Anla Courtis, Andrew Liles, Dada Action Group, Arnulf Meifert, The New Blockaders, Bryan Lewis Saunders, Z'EV, John M. Bennett, Le Syndicat, Jaan Patterson, Alig Fodder of Family Fodder. Kommissar Hjuler und Frau performed with artists like Jan van den Dobbelsteen, Eugene Chadbourne, John Wiese and others.
As visual artist he collaborated with albrecht/d., Vittore Baroni, Keith A. Buchholz, Daniela Floersheim, Clayton Patterson, Barbara Rapp, Cornelius P. Rinne, Litsa Spathi, Cecil Touchon, and others, especially for a project called BROTKATZE Collaborations.
References and notes 
- testcard no. 16 - Extremismus, Ventil Verlag, ISBN 978-3-931555-15-3, p 101-107
- Asylum Lunaticum, CD, (INT033), mentioned at The Wire (magazine)'s years review, issue 311, Jan. 2010, as one of the best 15 albums of the year 2009 in outsider music
- festival programs, catalogues and posters exist for all festivals
- August 2nd 2009, in a series of performances that previously featured John Cage, Nam June Paik, Jean Tinguely, Niki de Saint Phalle and Karlheinz Stockhausen
- program to exhibition Calling Out Of Contest, Nov. 2009
- catalogue by Gesellschaft für aktuelle Kunst GAK Bremen, to installation Three Resurrected Drunkards, Oct. 2010
- catalogue to exhibition Kunst im Quadrat, Feb-Sept. 2007, ISBN 3-9805831-8-X, also LP by Kommissar Hjuler and Mama Baer released by Museum for this exhibition as Ed. Huelsmann
- program of exhibition TROYART, Jan. 2011, Kommissar Hjuler's contribution is now part of public collection of the museum
- artlout:com magazine, Leipzig, 2009, issue 04:08
- program of festival
- program of festival
- Feb. 15th-20th 2011 at FluxFest, documented at websites of curators Keith A. Buchholz, Kommissar Hjuler mentioned on poster
- "Im Knast mit Kommissar Hjuler und Mama Baer", P.Rathke Verlag, 2011 (ISB 978-3-9804622-0-4), Deutsche Nationalbibliothek
- Article in November 2010 issue of The Wire (magazine), no. 321, page 18, review mentioned on front sleeve of issue, consisting mainly of an interview with Daniel Spicer, also an article by Thurston Moore and Byron Coley at Arthur (magazine) No. 25, Nov. 2006, releases rewiewed at numerous independent magazines worldwide, for example Bad Alchemy, issues 51, 54 and 59, and skug Magazine, March 26th 2010
- program Paulo Post Futurum , Lokaal 01, Breda, November 3rd to 4th 2007, and to end all live, iLLUSEUM , Amsterdam, August 1st 2009, videos at youtube
- Musikpalast Flensburg,July 12th 2008, concert program
- January 19th 2008, at KKI Flensburg , Tour dates John Wiese 
- work displayed at Innovationkongress  in Velden am Woerther See, November 11th and 12th 2010, Kommissar Hjuler presented at book Peter Graning/Ronald Ivancic/Martin Maitz/Cornelia Scala-Hausmann (Hrsg.), Zukunfstkraft, ISBN 978-3-7084-0411-0, several group shows of all the winners at Villach, for instance at Gallery D. U. Design , Villach, 
- Artist's website
- No!art website
- What happened to the happening? 
- Discogs list of Kommissar Hjuler 
- Discogs list of Kommissar Hjuler und Frau