|Compatible networks||GPRS/EDGE Tri-Band (900/1800/1900)|
|Memory||microSD Internal Memory Slot, behind the battery.|
|Display||256K colour TFT touchscreen, 240 × 400 px|
|Rear camera||2 megapixel, video CIF (30 frame/s), flash|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth 2.0, USB 2.0|
The LG KE850, also known as the LG Prada, is a touchscreen mobile phone made by LG Electronics. It was first announced on December 12, 2006. Images of the device appeared on websites such as Engadget Mobile on December 15, 2006. An official press release showing an image of the device appeared on January 18, 2007. Sales started in May 2007. It is the first mobile phone with a capacitive touchscreen. The KE850 sold 1 million units in the first 18 months.
A second version of the phone, the LG Prada II (KF900) was announced October 13, 2008. It was released December 2008.
- Capacitive Touch Screen
- Music Player (MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA, RA)
- Music Multitasking (Messaging)
- Video Player (MPEG4, H.263, H.264)
- Adobe Flash UI
- Document Viewer (ppt, doc, xls, pdf, txt )
- Form Factor: Touchscreen
- Dimensions: 98.8 × 54 × 12 mm
- Weight: 85 g
- Main Screen Type: Capacitive TFT touchscreen, 256K colors
- Main Screen Size/Resolution: 240 x 400 pixels, 3 inches
- Messaging: SMS, EMS, MMS, Email
- Operating System: Flash UI
- Built-in Handsfree: Yes
- Voice-dial/memo: Yes
- Vibration: Yes
- Organiser: Yes
- Office Document Viewer: .ppt, .doc, .xls, .pdf, .txt
- Battery Stand-By: Up to 300 h
- Battery Talk Time: Up to 3 h
- 2G Network: GSM 900 / 1800 / 220
- Bluetooth: Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
- USB: Yes, v2.0
- 2MP camera: 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, video(CIF 30frame/s), flash
- Internal Memory: 8 MB shared memory
- Memory Slot: microSD (TransFlash), up to 2 GB
- Games: Halloween Fever, Photo Puzzle, Virus, Pipe
- Music: MP3 player
- Radio: Yes
- Ringtones: Polyphonic (40 channels), MP3
- Speakers: Built-in handsfree
- International Forum Design—Product Design Award for 2007 
- Red dot design award—LG Prada Wins "Best of the Best" red dot Design Award, 2007 
- Fashion phone of the year—Mobile Choice (2007) 
- Best fashion phone—What Mobile Awards (2007) 
- Gold for best looking phone—CNET Asia Readers' Choice Award (2007/08) 
iPhone controversy 
LG Electronics has claimed the iPhone's design was copied from the LG Prada. Woo-Young Kwak, head of LG Mobile Handset R&D Center, said at a press conference, “We consider that Apple copied the Prada phone after the design was unveiled when it was presented in the iF Design Award and won the prize in September 2006.”
LG later claimed that Apple stole both the ideas and concept of the Prada phone. A lawsuit by LG had been rumored prior to this announcement; however, LG never followed through with it.
Similar non-physical were revealed by Apple as part of the evidence in the 2012 Apple vs. Samsung court case, such as the prototype dubbed "Purple" which was dated August 2005, and the "Howarth" design from March 2006.
The KE850 actually got an 2007 iF product design award, where entries had to be shipped by September 2006.
See also 
- "Mobile Innovation Meets Avant-Garde Design".
- LG News Archives - LG Global Site
- "The LG KE850: touchable chocolate".
- Temple, Stephen. "Vintage Mobiles: LG Prada – First mobile with a capacitive touchscreen (May 2007)". History of GMS: Birth of the mobile revolution.
- TG Daily article from Mon 23rd Feb 2009
- Mobile Industry Review article from November 20th, 2008
- Telecoms Korea article from 2008/09/24
- Wright, Aaron (2007-02-20). "The iPhone Lawsuits". Apple Matters. Retrieved 2007-06-25.