|Headquarters||9240 Hwy 53, Lower Lake|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
Lake Transit is a bus agency providing fixed-route, flex-stop and curbside "Dial-a-Ride" bus service in Lake County, California. The agency also provides service to Ukiah in Mendocino County and St. Helena in northern Napa County.
The Lake Transit Authority, which governs the Lake Transit system, is composed of two members apiece from Clearlake and Lakeport city councils, the Lake County Board of Supervisors and two members at-large.
The system is funded by a combination of passenger fares, local transportation funds, state transit assistance funds, Federal Transit Act rural and inter-city grant funds, and service agreements with medical and community-based organizations.
Senate Bill 787 provided $1.5 million to construct a $2.1 million operations and maintenance facility that opened in 2004.
- 1 North Shore :South Clearlake, Clearlake, Clearlake Oaks, Glenhaven, Lucerne, Nice, Upper Lake, North Lakeport (Sutter Hospital)
- 2 (Weekdays) Highway 175 : Kit's Corner, Cobb, Middletown
- 3 Clearlake to St. Helena : South Clearlake, Lower Lake, Middletown, Calistoga, St Helena, Deer Park
- 4 South Shore: South Clearlake, Lower Lake, Route 29 to Kit's Corner, Kelseyville, Lakeport
- 4A (Weekdays) South Shore :Kit's Corner, Soda Bay, Kelseyville, Finley, Lakeport
- 5 Clearlake North : South Clearlake, The Avenues, Clearlake, Clearlake Park
- 7 Ukiah: Lakeport, Nice, Upper Lake, Blue Lakes, Ukiah
- 8 Lakeport: Kmart to North Lakeport (Sutter Hospital)
- 10 Clearlake Park: Lower Lake, South Clearlake, Clearlake, Clearlake Park
- 11 Clearlake -- The Avenues Loop : South Clearlake, The Avenues, Clearlake
- 12 Clearlake South Loop : Lower Lake, South Clearlake, Clearlake
Clearlake is the central area of Clearlake, bounded by Lakeshore Drive, Olympic Drive and Old Highway 53.
Kit's Corner is at the junction of Route 29 and the south end of Soda Bay Road.
The Avenues are in Clearlake east of Highway 53.
Clearlake Park is north of Clearlake, near Borax Lake.
South Clearlake or Ray's Food Place which is a grocery store at the intersection of Route 53 and Dam Road.
Kmart is in South Lakeport, at the northern end of Soda Bay Road, near the intersection of routes 29 and 175
Sutter Hospital is in North Lakeport.
- Lake Transit official website
- List of Lake Transit routes and descriptions
- Lake Transit Dial-a-Ride and Flex-Stop policies
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|