|Headquarters||9240 Hwy 53, Lower Lake|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
Lake Transit is a bus agency providing fixed-route, flex-stop and curbside "Dial-a-Ride" bus service in Lake County, California. The agency also provides service to Ukiah in Mendocino County and northern Napa County.
The Lake Transit Authority, which governs the Lake Transit system, is composed of two members apiece from Clearlake and Lakeport city councils, the Lake County Board of Supervisors and two members at-large.
The system is funded by a combination of passenger fares, local transportation funds, state transit assistance funds, Federal Transit Act rural and inter-city grant funds, and service agreements with medical and community-based organizations.
Senate Bill 787 provided $1.5 million to construct a $2.1 million operations and maintenance facility that opened in 2004.
- 1 North Shore
- 2 South Shore to Cobb
- 3 South County to St. Helena
- 4 South Shore
- 4A South Shore via Soda Bay Rd.
- 5 Clearlake North
- 6 Clearlake South
- 7 Ukiah
2. Lindblom, John. "New Lake Transit Facility." Lake County Record-Bee, Aug. 21, 2004.
- Lake Transit official website
- List of Lake Transit routes and descriptions
- Lake Transit Dial-a-Ride and Flex-Stop policies
|This bus-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|