Union City Transit
|Headquarters||34650 Seventh Street|
|Locale||Union City, California|
|Service type||bus service, paratransit|
Union City Transit is a public transit service in Union City, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. It began operations in 1974 with the opening of the Union City BART station.  The service was formerly known as "the Flea."  As of October 12, 2013, Union City Transit is using a nine bus lines connect riders to local destinations, such as schools, shopping centers, and the Union City BART station. Nine routes operate Monday-Friday, seven routes operate on Saturday, and four routes operate on Sunday.
AC Transit also provides service to Union City.
The main transfer points for Union City Transit are located at Union City BART and Union Landing Transit Center. On 12 October 2013, the transit agency expanded its service significantly by providing:
- New routes on top of its existing services (removing the A and B suffixes from Route 1)
- More hours on its most popular services
- Sunday service on four routes (Routes 1, 3, 4, and 7)
- A more frequent service along Alvarado-Niles Road, one of the city's main arterial roads (Routes 1, 3, 5, 8, and 9)
- A new express service (Route 9) that operates peak periods between BART and residential neighborhoods on the western part of the city
|Route & Name||Terminals||Days of Operation||Via||Notes|
|Union City BART||Union City Blvd. & Dyer St.||Daily||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union Landing, Dyer St., Contempo Park, Delores St., Rocklin St., Union City Blvd.||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Weekdays & Saturdays||Decoto District, Whipple Ave., Kaiser Hospital, Union City Blvd., Smith St.||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Medallion St., Almaden St., The Tropics||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Seventh St., Seven Hills, Mission Blvd., Tamarack Rd., Whipple Ave., Calaveras Landing Shopping Center, Dyer St.||
|Union City BART||Union City Blvd. & Dyer St.||Weekdays & Saturdays||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union Landing, Dyer St., Alvarado Blvd., Union City Sports Center, Union City Blvd., Regents St.||
|Union City BART||East Plaza||Weekdays||Mann St., Perry St., H St., Civic Center, Alvarado-Niles Rd., Central Ave., Whipple Ave., Decoto District||
|Union Landing Transit Center||Daily||Dyer St., Calaveras Landing Shopping Center, Whipple Ave., Kaiser Hospital, Union City Sports Center, Union City Blvd., Delores St., Contempo Park||
|Union City BART||Union Landing Transit Center||Weekdays & Saturdays||Alvarado-Niles Rd.||
|Union City BART||Union City Blvd. & Rocklin St.||Weekdays||Alvarado-Niles Rd., Union Landing, Dyer St., Union City Blvd.||
Fares are effective 12 October 2013 
|Type||Adults (18-59)||Youth (6-17) †||Senior (60+)/Disabled ‡|
- † Children under six years of age may ride free, but must be accompanied by an adult.
- ‡ Appropriate identification must be presented to obtain the discounted Senior/Disabled fare.
|Union City Transit Transfer||FREE|
|AC Transit & Dumbarton Express Transfers||US$0.25|
|BART Plus Pass||FREE|
- ₮ Transfers are only issued with cash fares at the time of boarding. Transfers and passes must be valid.
- Nelson/Nygard Consulting Associates (November 2007). "Short Range Transit Plan: FY 2008-2017". Union City, CA: City of Union City. pp. 1–1. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
- "Union City Time-Line". Union City Historical Museum. Archived from the original on 2009-10-26. Retrieved 2008-03-28.
1974: First City-Wide Bus Service (The Flea) starts
- Union City Transit Short Range Plan (2013-2022)
- Union City Transit
- Union City Transit official pages
- Union City Transit info at transit.511.org
- Bus pictures at Transit Rider
|This article related to bus transportation in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transportation in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|