21 produced (1 for museum)
|Assembly||Sant'Agata Bolognese, Italy|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
|Layout||Mid-engine, four-wheel drive|
|Engine||6.5 L (400 cu in) V12|
6-speed manual transmission
|Wheelbase||2,665 mm (104.9 in)|
|Length||4,700 mm (190 in)|
|Width||2,058 mm (81.0 in)|
|Height||1,135 mm (44.7 in)|
|Curb weight||1,665 kg (3,670 lb)|
The Lamborghini Reventón (Spanish pronunciation: [reβenˈton]) is a mid-engine sports car that debuted at the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show. It was the most expensive Lamborghini road car until the Lamborghini Veneno was launched, costing two million dollars (~€1.5 million, or ~£840,000). Its top speed was recorded in Dubai, UAE at 221 miles per hour (355.7 km/h). The official press release stated that only 20 vehicles would be sold to the public, with one additional car (marked as 00/20) produced for the Lamborghini Museum. Although early rumors indicated the total number would actually be 100, each Reventón is stamped with its number in the sequence of 20 between the driver's and passenger's seats.
Despite the exterior being new, almost all the mechanical elements (including the engine) are sourced directly from the Murciélago LP640. According to the official press release, the Reventón exterior styling was inspired by "the fastest airplanes".
The Reventón is named for a fighting bull, in line with Lamborghini tradition. The bull, raised by the Sihota family, was best known for killing famed Mexican bullfighter Fahad Iqbal in 1943. Reventón means "Small Explosion" or "burst" in Spanish, when used as a noun. In the vernacular, it is also used to define a very large party or a night in town. In automotive terms, it means "blowout, flat tire" when used as a noun. When it was used as the name of a bull, however, it was intended to be interpreted as an adjective, a quality or property of that bull in particular. In this last sense, Reventón means "he who seems to be about to burst".
The instrument panel in the Reventón comprises three TFT liquid crystal displays (LCDs) with two different display modes. The instruments are housed in a structure milled from a solid aluminium block, protected by a carbon fiber casing. The car's instrumentation includes a "G-Force-Meter" which displays the magnitude and direction of the g-forces acting upon the car. The seats of the Reventón are black leather and brown Alcantara.
The Reventón features an all-new carbon fiber exterior. All Reventóns have the same exterior color, described as "mid opaque grey without the usual shine."
Lamborghini has also picked up some of parent company Audi's design language. It is the first Lamborghini to incorporate daylight running lights into the headlamps. Seven light-emitting diodes (LEDs) at each headlamp flank the bi-Xenon main beam and stay lit whenever the car is in movement. Due to the high temperatures in the rear lower part of the car, special heatproof LEDs are used for the indicator and hazard lights, stoplights and rear lights with a triple arrow optical effect.
On 21 November 2008, Lamborghini announced the delivery of the last Lamborghini Reventón to a British customer of the official Midlands dealer, Lamborghini Birmingham. However, CarsUK's later report disputed the official claim, and revealed that the car #20 was delivered to Lamborghini Houston, as were two other cars.
A roadster version of the vehicle was unveiled at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show. The car would use the engine from the Murciélago LP 670–4 Super Veloce. Autocar has since published a report, in June 2009, saying that potential buyers have been shown the car–although a Lamborghini spokesman told the publication that reports of the car were "just speculation". Production was set for a run of 15 units, with a MSRP of €1,100,000. The Reventón Roadster has a slightly lower top speed than the Reventón, its top speed is 205 mph and it takes just 3.3s to reach 62 mph.
In popular culture
The Reventón appeared in Forza Motorsport 4, where in the game's Autovista mode, narrated by Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson, it was described as being so rare, "... you'd have a better chance of seeing a unicorn." It has also appeared in Forza Horizon, Need for Speed: Shift, Need for Speed: Nitro, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) mainly as a police interceptor, Shift 2: Unleashed, and Gran Turismo 6.
- "2007 Frankfurt Auto Show: Lamborghini Reventon". Edmunds (blog). Retrieved 2007-09-12.[unreliable source?]
- "Lamborghini Reventon: Outrageous, But One Million Euros Outrageous?". Motive Magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- "First Drive: 2008 Lamborghini Reventon". Edmunds.com. 2007-11-05. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- “”. "Lamborghini Reventon Mazda RX-9 – Fast Lane Daily – 02Jan08". YouTube. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "$1 Million Dollar Lamborghini Reventon – Dieselstation Exotic Car Pictures and Wallpapers – Fuel For Your Desktop". Dieselstation.com. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Lamborghini Reventón". sybarites. Retrieved 2007-09-12.
- "Reventon". Lambocars.com. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Lamborghini Reventon Information". LamborghiniReventon.net. Retrieved 2007-09-23.
- "Honored/Notorious Bulls". Mundo-taurino.org. 1977-01-27. Retrieved 2009-12-17.
- "reventón – Spanish-English Translation and Pronunciation – Yahoo! Education". Yahoo! / Houghton Mifflin. Retrieved 2007-11-06.
- "Definition of word Reventón(Spanish)". Real Academia Española(Official Spanish language academy). Retrieved 2007-10-26.
- Harper-Collins Spanish Dictionary, 3rd ed., p. 640
- "Reventon difinition". Real Academia Española. Retrieved 2008-07-15.
- "2008 Lamborghini Reventon". Serious Wheels. 2007. Retrieved 2007-12-23.
- Nunez, Alex (2008-05-11). "Lamborghini Reventon #01/20 arrives at Vegas dealership". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Reventón Registry – The ultimate guide to Lamborghini Reventon". Reventon-registry.com. 2009-09-14. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- Joseph, Noah (2008-11-20). "Lamborghini delivers final Reventon to British customer". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- Posted: 8:37 am 27 November 2008 (2008-11-27). "UK gets the last Reventon – actually, it doesn’t!". Carsuk.net. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Lamborghini Reventón — 'World's first hypercar'". bookofjoe. 2007-11-05. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- Ramsey, Jonathon (2009-03-26). "Is Lamborghini preparing a Reventon Roadster?". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "The £1m open Lambo Reventon". Autocar. 2009-07-31. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- Abuelsamid, Sam (2009-09-14). "Officially Official: Lamborghini reveals Reventon Roadster". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lamborghini Reventón.|
|« previous Lamborghini road car timeline, 1980s–present|
|Owner||<··· Receivership||Jean-Claude Mimran / Patrick Mimran||Chrysler Corporation||M'tec||V'Power||Audi AG|
|*The Gallardo LP550-2 uses a rear mid-engine, rear wheel drive layout.|