|Born||John Myrtland Le Varre Jr.
August 29, 1922
Yonkers, New York, U.S.
|Died||June 7, 1973
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Mary Catherine Schrock Bradford at the time of his death; Joan Irene Velin (1952-1965, divorced)|
Bradford appeared in many television series and "B" western movies. On stage, he co-starred in Desperadoes' Outpost (1952), The Great Sioux Uprising (1953), Apache Warrior (1957).
In the 1950s, 1960s, and early 1970s, Bradford guest-starred in nearly all television western series. He was cast on the ABC/Warner Brothers series, Colt .45 as Pete Jesup in the 1959 episode "The Devil's Godson". He also appeared on Hopalong Cassidy, The Lone Ranger (fifteen times), Buffalo Bill Jr. (six episodes), Laredo (five times), The Cisco Kid, Tales of the Texas Rangers (twice), Jefferson Drum, Johnny Ringo, The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin (five), The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp (six), Cheyenne (seven), Wagon Train (eight), The High Chaparral (twice), The Restless Gun (four), Bonanza (fourteen), one 1960 episode of Gunsmoke, and The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters and Storefront Lawyers.
Bradford guest starred on the religion anthology series, Crossroads. He made two appearances on CBS's Perry Mason, including the role of Detective Arnold Buck in the 1962 episode, "The Case of the Absent Artist."
- 1940 Frontier Crusader
- 1947 Return of the Lash
- 1948 Dead Man's Gold
- 1948 Adventures of Frank and Jesse James
- 1949 Death Valley Gunfighter
- 1950 The Arizona Cowboy
- 1951 Wanted: Dead or Alive
- 1952 Texas City
- 1953 Law and Order
- 1954 Drums Across the River
- 1955-1959 Fury, NBC television series, 4 episodes
- 1956 Adventures of Superman - television series
- 1957 Apache Warrior
- 1958 The Toughest Gun in Tombstone
- 1958 The Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold
- 1958 Richard Diamond, Private Detective as Sal Noonan in "Short Haul (CBS-TV, 1958)
- 1960 The Texan as Spike Taylor in "The Eyes of Captain Wylie" with Chill Wills (CBS, 1959)
- 1960 Bourbon Street Beat (ABC-TV)
- 1960 Tate, NBC-TV as William Essey in "Comanche Scalps" with Robert Redford
- 1963 The Gun Hawk
- 1963 The Dakotas as Sergeant Abel Round in "Walk Through the Badlands" (ABC-TV, 1963)
- 1965 Shenandoah
- 1966 Batman (ABC-TV)
- 1967 Dragnet (NBC-TV)
- 1971 Shoot Out
- 1973 Hawaii Five-O (CBS-TV)
- 1973 Cannon (CBS-TV)
- B western actors encyclopedia: facts, photos, and filmographies for more ... by Ted Holland
- Lane Bradford at the Internet Movie Database
- Lane Bradford at Find a Grave
- Lane Bradford at the Broken Wheel Ranch