has many international versions across the world. Each uses some original characters, created specifically to represent their own culture. The following list highlights some of these characters. All characters are Sesame Street Muppets, unless otherwise mentioned.
- A giant, shy, blue (yellow in the 2007 version) bird. Similar to Big Bird. Garibaldo
- A green Muppet monster with a blue nose and orange cheeks. Similar to Oscar the Grouch. Gugu
Juca (Armando Bogus) - A toy maker who taught children his craft.
Ana Maria (Sonia Braga) - A teacher and Juca's cousin.
Gabriela (Aracy Balabanian) - The wife of Juca
- A red Muppet Funga-funga elephant who didn't like how others looked at him.
- A Brazilian girl that appeared in the 2007 version Bel
- A male Samson bear, similar in role and full-body puppet, to Big Bird (1978–2008, 2013-present)
- Samson's cousin and lookalike, often seen with a hat or a tie to distinguish him from Samson (on and off in 1989-1998) Simson
- A pink female bird (1978–2005) Tiffy
- A (former male, now female) Finchen snail (on and off from 1983, 1989–present)
- An Rumpel Oscar the Grouch-like male character that lives in a rainbarrel. He has Gustav, a pet caterpillar (1989–2008)
- A male owl (1989–2002) Buh
- A blue female monster reporter (2000–2007) Feli Filu
- A male Pferd horse (2002–present)
- A male lamb (2002–present) Wolle
- A pink monster baby (2005–2009) Lena
- A female photographer (2005–2007) Moni
- An androgyne Ulli von Bödefeld hedgehog-like creature (1978-early 1986)
- A green Wolf vom Wortersee wolf (2007-present)
Humans in Sesamstraße 1978-1986 [ edit ]
Henning (Henning Venske, a West German actor - 1978-1979) -
Lilo ( Lieselotte Pulver, a Swiss actress 1978-1986) -
Uwe ( Uwe Friedrichsen, a West German actor 1979-1982) -
Horst (Horst Janson, a West German actor 1979-1986) -
Ute (Ute Willing, a German actress 1979-1986) -
Ilse (Ilse Biberti, a German actress 1979-1982) -
Elisabeth (Elisabeth Vitouch, a German actress 1979-1982) -
Manfred ( Manfred Krug, an East German actor - 1982-1986) -
Humans in Sesamstraße 1986-present [ edit ]
Georg ( Gernot Endemann, a German actor - 1986-1999) -
Bettina ( Hildegard Krekel, a German actress - 1986-1989, Kirsten Spick, a German actress - 1989-1999) -
Opa Brass ( Ferdinand Dux, a German actor - 1992-2000) -
Pensionswirtin Helmi ( Senta Bonneval, a German actress - 1995-1999) -
Musiker Alex ( Alexander Geringas, a German-Greek actor - 1995-2000) -
Jiviana ( Vijak Bajani, a German-Turkish actress - 1995-2001) - Nils (
Nils Julius, a German actor - 2000–present) - Caro (
Caroline Kiesewetter, a German actress - 2000-2002, Miriam Krause, a German actress - 2002–present) - Zauberer PePe (
Dirk Bach, a German comedian - 2000–present) - Anke (
Anke Engelke, a German comedienne - 2003–present) - Mehmet (
Mehmet Yilmaz, a German-Turkish actor - 2003–present) - Ella (
Franziska Troegner, a German actress - 2003–present) -
Potto - A male 'monster' style Muppet and cousin of Telly Monster.
Hilda - A female Irish Hare
Claribelle - A red Muppet bird.
Archie - A bespectacled squirrel. Bookworms – A bunch of Bookworms live amongst Potto's books.
Weatherberries – A bunch of singing fruit. They often announce the weather whenever Hilda asks what the weather will be like today.
Domby - A male 'monster' style Muppet, originally from Scotland. Him and his friend, Kit, live in a castle on top of a hill.
Kit - Domby's best friend. They spend most of their time in the castle kitchen, bedroom and living room (very similar to Ernie and Bert sketches). He is originally from Manchester. They sometimes visit schools and playgroups to sing or talk with the children.
Humans in Plaza Sesamo [ edit ]
José - The Storekeeper
Fernando (Justo Martinez) - The police officer
Teresa (Romelia Aguero) -
Sandra (Ana Silvia Garza) -
Sebastian (Jaime Garza) -
Miguel (Alejandro Ibarra) -
Ana (Rocio Ortiz) -
Goyo (Raoul Rossi) -
Pepe (Salvador Sanchez) -
Paula (Rosalia Valdez) -
La Abuela (Evita Muñoz, Beatriz Aguirre) -
Don Boni (Edgar Vivar, Sergio Corona) -
Carmen (María Del Sol) -
Gertrudis (Socorro Bonilla, Leonorilda Ochoa) -
Pablo (Ariel López Padilla, Benjamin Rivero) -
Maria (Paty Díaz, M'Balia Marichal Ibar) -
Susana (Liza Echeverria, Mariana Garza) -
Juan (Alberto Mayagoitia, Raúl Magaña) -
Neftalí (Héctor Hernández, Pedro Romo) -
Daniela (Maria Fernanda Urdapilleta, Mariana Botas, Paula Gutiérrez) -
Manuel (Manuel Bermudez, Charlie Santana, Alan Sanchez, Santiago Hernández) -
ToNo (Isaac Castro) -
Romina (Anahí Sánchez) -
Humans in Sesamstraat [ edit ]
- A big blue monster who owns a train station called "Sesam Stasjon". Max Mekker
Alfa - A female yellow monster.
- A pink man who owns a ticket booth. Bjarne
Py - A red monster who hatched from a blue egg.
Humans in Sesam Stasjon [ edit ]
- A kind but somewhat blustery grandfatherly-type of a station master who generally manages to keep the station running smoothly, even if he doesn't always get the peace and quiet he wants. O. Tidemann
- A former world-famous singer who used to travel around the world. She still likes to sing at any opportunity, and is a good cook. Leonora Dorothea Dahl
Humans in Batibot [ edit ]
(played by Luisito Pascua) - His name is translated as Big Brother Bodjie. Kuya Bodjie
- His name is translated as Big Sister Sienna. Ate Sienna
- An orange version of Big Bird. Poupas
- A brown-colored version of Ferrão Oscar the Grouch that lived inside a bottomless barrel in the Sesame Street square.
- A gray Tita cat.
Zeliboba - A 9-foot furry blue tree spirit who enjoys dancing
Businka - A bright pink Muppet who finds joy in everything
Kubik - The resident pensive problem-solver who used to be a school teacher
- She raised controversy in the Kami USA due to her HIV+ status
Moshe - A four year old, vegetarian meerkat who is extremely optimistic and loves to dance. He is Takalani Sesame's equivalent to Big Bird.
Zikwe - A monster who owns a taxi cab with no wheels
Kupukeji - A green worm found by Zikwe and cared for by Moshe
Neno - A South African version of Elmo
Zuzu - A young monster who loves acting
- A tall furry green creature with orange legs, something like Big Bird. Nimnim
- A fuzzy-bearded purple puppet who likes to eat 'Asilaya (honey sesame sticks). Filfil
- A furry peach-colored puppet who likes to play pretend. Khokha
- A human who is the local Am Gherghis shopkeeper.
- A human who is a Am Hussein carpenter.
- A human. Also called Um Kareem, he is the wife of Am Hussein, mother of Mona and Kareem. Ama Keireya
Mona - A human who is the teenage daughter of Kheireya and Hussein.
- A human who is the pre-teen brother of Mona. Kareem
- A human who is the proprietress of the bookstore/library. Ama Nabila
Humans on Ulica Sezamkowa [ edit ]