6 April 1969
Ponders End, Enfield, London
|Education||Italia Conti Performing Arts School|
|Occupation||Dancer, Choreographer, Television presenter|
|Employer||Pineapple Dance Studios|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches (1.70 m)|
Louie Spence (born 6 April 1969) is an English dance expert, choreographer and television personality best known as the artistic director at the Pineapple Dance Studios. He was a professional dancer in his youth, performing in West End musicals including Cats and Closer to Heaven, although more recently, he has become known for his appearances in the Sky1 series Louie Spence's Showbusiness and appearing as a judge on the seventh series of Dancing on Ice.
Education and dance career
Spence was born in Ponders End, Enfield in north London and grew up in Braintree, Essex. He attended Notley High School before moving on to the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts. He has subsequently danced with many recording artists.
Spence performed in the West End as part of the award-winning original cast of Miss Saigon. He went on to star in Cats and perform with a number of pop bands. He toured with the Spice Girls, Take That and Björk.
Spence was a judge and mentor on Trouble TV's Bump'n'Grind from 2004–2006. Shortly after this, Spence became a judge on the 2006–2007 television series Cirque de Celebrité on Sky1 and the American version Celebrity Circus for NBC in 2008. On 3 December 2011, it was announced he would become a new judge on the hit ITV show Dancing on Ice, alongside Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt and Karen Barber.
- Celebrity Juice (18 March 2010, 25 March 2010, 21 April 2011, 19 April 2012) - Panellist
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (23 April 2010) - Guest
- Justin Lee Collins Good Times (14 June 2010) - Guest
- Top Gear (27 June 2010) - Guest
- Alan Carr: Chatty Man (4 July 2010) - Guest
- Shooting Stars (17 August 2010) - Guest
- 8 Out of 10 Cats (24 September 2010, 28 October 2011, 22 June 2012, 29 October 2012) - Panellist
- Chris Moyles' Quiz Night (8 November 2010, 26 December 2011) - Panellist
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show (25 November 2010, 15 March 2011, 24 October 2011, 29 February 2012, 4 March 2013) - Guest
- Benidorm (26 December 2010) - Marvin
- Big Fat Quiz of the Year (3 January 2011) - Guest
- That Sunday Night Show (6 February 2011, 30 October 2011) - Panellist
- Let's Dance for Comic Relief (12 March 2011, 10 March 2012) - Panellist and guest
- Loose Women (28 March 2011, 29 September 2011, 16 January 2012, 2 July 2012, 23 October 2012) - Guest
- Would I Lie to You? (23 September 2011) - Panellist
- The Jonathan Ross Show (24 September 2011) - Guest
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks (3 October 2011) - Panellist
- The Sarah Millican Television Programme (5 April 2012) - Guest
- Mad Mad World (11 August 2012) - Panellist
- Celebrity Wedding Planner (20 August 2012)
- All Star Family Fortunes (13 January 2013) - Contestant
- Tipping Point: Lucky Stars (14 July 2013) - Contestant
- Backchat (11 December 2013) - Guest
- Celebrity Come Dine with Me (27 December 2013) - Contestant,
- Fake Reaction (9 January 2014) - Panellist
- Draw It! (19-26 May 2014) - Contestant
- A Question of Sport: Super Saturday (21 June 2014) - Guest
Celebrity Big Brother
On 22 August 2013, Spence entered the Celebrity Big Brother house to participate in the twelfth series. On the first day, he was chosen to be a 'Cult celebrity' meaning he had the power to nominate housemates for the first eviction. Throughout his time in the house he survived 3 evictions, however he was evicted 2 days before the final.
Spence's autobiography Still Got It, Never Lost It was published by HarperCollins on 29 September 2011.
Spence is openly gay and has been in a civil partnership with a Spanish man since 2007. He and his partner first met in September 2000. His best friend is singer and presenter Emma Bunton. He said that he has had botox injections and does not eat fish.
- Alan Carr: Chatty Man, 4 July 2010
- Search birth records 1837–2006 | Fully indexed birth records. Findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved on 24 July 2013.
- "About Louie". Louie Spence. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Spence Pineapple Dance Studios[dead link]
- "Louie Spence, Robin Cousins, Katarina Witt for 'Dancing on Ice' 2012 – Dancing on Ice News – Reality TV". Digital Spy. 3 December 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Celebrity Wedding Planner | TV & Radio | Entertainment | Daily Express. Express.co.uk (20 August 2012). Retrieved on 2013-07-24.
- "Reality TV star Louie Spence says he receives homophobic hate mail". PinkNews.co.uk. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Friday Night with Jonathan Ross, 23 April 2010
- Loose Women, 28 March 2011
- The Jonathan Ross Show, 24 September 2011
- "Louie Spence: Jason Gardiner, me...and true love – 3am & Mirror Online". mirror.co.uk. 19 March 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Celebrity Big Brother 12, 31 August 2013
- Louie Spence's Official website
- Louie Spence at Pineapple Dance Studios
- Louie Spence video interview
- Louie Spence at the Internet Movie Database