Pineapple Dance Studios (TV series)
|Pineapple Dance Studios|
Pineapple Dance Studios Titles
|Presented by||Louie Spence|
|Narrated by||Michael Buerk|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||15|
|Location(s)||Pineapple Dance Studios and other locations|
|Running time||60 minutes (inc. commercials)|
|Picture format||16:9 (1080i HDTV)|
|Original run||14 February 2010– 20 November 2010|
|Related shows||Louie Spence's Showbusiness|
Pineapple Dance Studios is a docusoap which aired on Sky1 during 2010. The show gave viewers an insight into the world of Pineapple Dance Studios, a London dance complex, and introduced several employees including Louie Spence and Andrew Stone plus Pineapple Dance Studio regular Tricia Walsh-Smith The show was first broadcast on 14 February 2010 on Sky1. With narration by ex-BBC newsreader Michael Buerk, it was presented in a documentary style that included impromptu dancing and the promotional tag-line: "Pineapple Dance Studios: bitching is fabulous!". It was sponsored by Just Dance.
The Pineapple Dance crew
Series 1 (2010)
- Tricia Walsh-Smith missed four episodes (episodes 3, 5, 7 and 8)
- Laura Pye missed six episodes (episodes 2, 4, 6, 7, 10 and 12)
- Episode 1: Pilot (Aired on February 14, 2010)
- Episode 2 (Aired on February 21, 2010)
- Episode 3 (Aired on February 28, 2010)
- Episode 4: Slayer (Aired on March 7, 2010)
- Episode 5 (Aired on March 14, 2010)
- Episode 6 (Aired on March 21, 2010)
- Episode 7: PDG (Aired on March 28, 2010)
- Episode 8: Fe-Nix (Aired on April 4, 2010)
- Episode 9 (Aired on April 11, 2010)
- Episode 10 (Aired on April 18, 2010)
- Episode 11: Burlesque (Aired on April 25, 2010)
- Episode 12: Remember the Days (Aired on May 2, 2010)
- Episode 13: Finale (Aired on May 9, 2010)
- Episode 14: Clip Show (Aired on June 12, 2010)
- Episode 15: Christmas Special (Aired on November 20, 2010)
Name change and ending
After initially indicating that a second series would be produced, Sky1 reverted this decision due to Louie Spence's involvement on his own talk show and as a judge in So You Think You Dance, replacing Sisco Gomez, both were later scrapped. It was announced by Louie on Alan Carr: Chatty Man on 9 July that the show would be returning under the title of Louie Spence's Showbusiness. He also stated that it would be "the same as always but bigger; if that's possible."
Sky Magazine announced in its December 2010 issue that there would be a 2010 Christmas special on 20 December at 9.30pm on Sky1. Andrew Stone would also get his own one-off TV programme called Andrew Stone's Meaning of Christmas on Sky1. It was also announced that Louie Spence would make an "Alternative Queen's speech". Louie dressed in royal robes and spoke on how his year had been while introducing some of the people who had made it special. Tricia Walsh-Smith shot a Christmas music video Stuff Ding Dong Merrily On High There was a final national anthem with some dance included.
- "Pineapple Dance Studios Christmas Special | Pineapple". Pineapple.uk.com. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "Sky1 HD puts the camp into Christmas! - Sky1 HD". Sky1.sky.com. Retrieved 2011-08-11.