Macau Resident Identity Card
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Bilhete de Identidade de Residente (Macau). (Discuss) Proposed since March 2013.|
|Macau Resident Identity Card|
The front of a Macau permanent resident identity card
Bilhete de Identidade de Residente Permanente da R.A.E.M.
Bilhete de Identidade de Residente não Permanente da R.A.E.M.
The Macau Special Administrative Region Resident Identity Card (Bilhete de Identidade de Residente in Portuguese) is an official identity card valid in the Macau Special Administrative Region. There are two types for Resident Identity Cards: one for permanent residents, and one for non-permanent residents.
Macau SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card
This card is for permanent residents of Macau, and is also valid for travel to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, as long as the visit is no longer than 180 days and for business, transit or leisure. A Declaration Form for Holders of the Macau SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card to Hong Kong SAR must also be completed upon entry to Hong Kong. Hong Kong has proposed to lift the declaration requirement and instead reciprocate by allowing Macau permanent residents to enter on this ID alone. The current generation of cards were first issued in 2002, replacing the first generation SAR cards issued after the 1999 handover.
The cards replace the old Bilhete de Identidade Cidadão Estrangeiro (BICE).
- Holder of the Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of abode in the Macau SAR, or
- Born in Macau and one of the applicant's parents was a Macau resident at the time of birth
Macau SAR Non-Permanent Resident Identity Card
This card is for non-permanent residents of Macau, and is also valid for travel to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, as long as the visit is no longer than 30 days and for business, transit or pleasure.
- Holder of One-way Exit Permit of People's Republic of China, as well as a Certificado de Residencia issued by the police in Macau, or
- Holders of Residence Permit "Guia de Autorizacao de Residencia"
Information on the symbols on the face of the identity card
- embedded chip
- Name in Portuguese (surname, firstname and given name) and Chinese
- Date of Birth (DD-MM-YYYY)
- Date of Issue (DD-MM-YYYY)
- Validity Date (DD-MM-YYYY) - expiry date
- Date of First Issue (DD-MM-YYYY)
- ID number (8 digit numeric: XXXXXXX(X))
- Multiple laser image of photo, ID number, sex and date of birth)
- Place of birth (alpha character)
- Sex (M or F)
- Height (metres)
Information on the symbols on the rear of the identity card
- Name of type of card in Chinese and Portuguese
- Reference to legal references on the issuance of the this card
- Machine-readable zone (OCR lines)
- Entry application from Macau residents for visit/transit Hong Kong Immigration Department website