Williams with D-Nice in June 2006
December 3, 1975 |
Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA
|Other names||Malinda Phifer, Malinda Jones|
|Spouse(s)||Mekhi Phifer (1999-2003)
DJ D-Nice (25 August 2008-February 2010) (separated)
Malinda Williams (born December 3, 1975) is an American actress. She is best known for her role as Erica Wright in the 1996 movie A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, as Young Alicia in the 1999 movie The Wood, and as the hair stylist Tracy "Bird" Van Adams in the Showtime acclaimed drama series Soul Food from June 2000 to May 2004.
Early life 
Williams has starred in a number of popular films including The Wood, Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls, and Uninvited Guest (alongside Mekhi Phifer).
Personal life 
Williams was married to actor Mekhi Phifer and the two share a son together named Omikaye(Nickname Omi). In August 2008 she married D-Nice. In October 2009 the couple separated. In February 2010 the couple filed for divorce.
- A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (1996) as Erica Wright
- Sunset Park (1996) as Cheryl
- High School High (1996) as Natalie Thompson
- Uninvited Guest (1999) as Tammy
- The Wood (1999) as Young Alicia
- Dance in September (2000) as Rhonda
- Idlewild (2006) as Zora
- Daddy's Little Girls (2007) as Maya
- First Sunday (2008) as Tianna
- The Cosby Show (1990) as Chayna
- My So-Called Life (1994) as Yvette
- Sister, Sister (1995) as Tyra
- Moesha (1996) as Taylor
- NYPD Blue (1996) as Annette
- Dangerous Minds (1997) as Lashawn
- Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher (1996) as Tasha Morrison
- Soul Food (2000) as Tracy "Bird" Van Adams
- Half & Half (2003) as Myra
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2004) as Lori-Ann Dufoy
- The District (2004) as Rennee
- Windfall (2006) as Kimberly George
Music videos 
- "Many Styles" by Audio Two
- "Someone to Love You" by Ruff Endz
- "Back at you" by Mobb Deep
- "Shorty Wanna Ride" by Young Buck
- "What Could've Been" by Ginuwine
- "Until" by Monica
- Paglia, Bernice. "Actress helps out Plainfield students", Courier News (New Jersey), June 6, 2002. Accessed March 5, 2011. "Her family moved to Westfield when she was about 12 she said and she graduated from Westfield High School."
- Essence (magazine), June 1999. Accessed June 17, 2007. "The Westfield, New Jersey, native is Mekhi Phifer's tres happy honey."
- http://photos.essence.com/galleries/malinda_williams_wedding_photos_the_ceremony#42631 Essence.com Exclusive Photos Malinda & D-nice Marry!