Beauvais at Race to Witch Mountain premiere in March 2009
November 26, 1966 |
St. Marc, Haiti
|Occupation||Actress, singer, model|
|Spouse(s)||Daniel Saunders (divorced; 1 child)
Mike Nilon (divorced; 2 children (twins)
Garcelle Beauvais (born November 26, 1966) is a Haitian actress and former fashion model. She is best known for her roles as Francesca "Fancy" Monroe on The WB television sitcom, The Jamie Foxx Show, which ran from 1996 to 2001, and as Valerie Heywood on the ABC crime drama, NYPD Blue.
Beauvais was born in Haiti, to Marie-Claire Beauvais, a nurse, and Axel Jean Pierre, a lawyer. After her parents divorced, Garcelle and her six elder siblings moved with their mother to the United States, first to Massachusetts and later to Miami.
At age seventeen, Beauvais went to New York City to pursue a career as a fashion model, and she was signed with Ford Models and Irene Marie Models in Miami. She modeled print ads for Avon, Mary Kay, and Clairol. Beauvais also modeled in catalogs for Lerner New York Clothing Line, Neiman Marcus, and Nordstrom and walked the catwalk for Calvin Klein and Isaac Mizrahi. She has appeared in Essence and Ebony, and is the cover model for the Jet June 6, 2011 issue. She also posed for Playboy's August 2007 issue.
From 1996 to 2001, she co-starred in The Jamie Foxx Show as hotel employee Francesca "Fancy" Monroe and the love interest of Jamie King (Jamie Foxx). From 2001 to 2004, she played Assistant District Attorney Valerie Heywood and the love interest of Detective Baldwin Jones (Henry Simmons) on NYPD Blue. In 2011 and 2012, Garcelle Beauvais played a character on the TNT law drama Franklin & Bash.
She starred in R. Kelly's video for "Down Low (Nobody Has to Know)" in 1996, as the wife of "Mr. Big" and the lover of R. Kelly, delivering the title line as inducement for an affair. In 2001, after the Jamie Foxx Show ended its run, Beauvais appeared in Luther Vandross' music video, "Take You Out", playing Vandross' girlfriend.
In 2008, Garcelle launched her children's jewelry line called Petit Bijou.
A marriage to producer Daniel Saunders ended in divorce. They had a son, Oliver Saunders, born in 1991.
Beauvais married Mike Nilon, an agent working for the Creative Artists Agency, on May 12, 2001. Their twin sons, Jax Joseph and Jaid Thomas Nilon, were born on October 18, 2007, after a five-year struggle with infertility. In April 2010, it was reported that Beauvais had discovered a five-year extramarital affair by Nilon. She reportedly outed him by sending his co-workers an email, the contents of which were leaked to the New York Post. Beauvais issued a statement on April 9, 2010, explaining that her "focus at this time is on my kids and healing the pain". Beauvais filed for divorce from Nilon on May 10, 2010, seeking joint custody of their sons. The couple's divorce was finalized on April 1, 2011.
- Manhunter (1986)
- Coming to America (1988)
- Every Breath (1993)
- Wild Wild West (1999)
- Double Take (2001)
- Bad Company (2002)
- BarberShop 2: Back in Business (2004)
- American Gun (2005)
- I Know Who Killed Me (2007)
- Women in Trouble (2009)
- Flight (2012)
- White House Down (2013)
- Miami Vice (1984 and 1985)
- The Cosby Show (1986) (uncredited)
- Family Matters (1991–1996)
- Dream On (1992)
- The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air (1992 and 1995)
- Hanging with Mr. Cooper (1993)
- R. Kelly - "Down Low (Nobody Has to Know)" (music video) (1995)
- Models, Inc. (1994–1995)
- The Wayans Bros (1995)
- The Jamie Foxx Show (1996–2001)
- Arli$$ (1999)
- Opposite Sex (2000) (canceled after 8 episodes)
- NYPD Blue (cast member from 2001–2004)
- Luther Vandross - "Take You Out" (music video) (2001)
- Second String (2002)
- The Bernie Mac Show - seen in one episode 'Rope-a-Dope' as Wesley Snipes's motor-mouth wife (2003)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm (2004)
- Life with Bonnie (2004)
- Eyes (2005–2007) (canceled after 9 episodes)
- 10.5: Apocalypse (2006)
- Women in Law (2006)
- CSI: Miami (2006)
- The Cure (2007)
- Maneater (2009)
- Human Target (2010)
- State of Georgia (TV series) (2011)
- Franklin & Bash (2011-2012)
- The Exes (2012)
- Psych (2013)
- Arrested Development (2013)
- Garcelle Beauvais pics, AskMen.com
- Imarenezor, Christine. (2011-06-04) Mag Cover: Garcelle Beauvais Talks Divorce & Life Renewal In Jet Magazine – Concreteloop.Com | Quality Not Quantity. Concreteloop.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-13.
- Garcelle Beauvais Nilon and Her Petit Bijoux, blackcelebkids.com, 17 November 2008.
- "Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon Welcomes Twins". People. 2007-10-22. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "A Double Blessing". People. 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Garcelle Beauvais makes hubby's cheating accusations public". New York Post. 2010-04-09. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "NYPD Blue's Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon: "My Focus Is on My Kids & Healing the Pain"". E Online. 2010-04-09. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- "Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon Files for Divorce". People. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Garcelle Beauvais.|