Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Institution||Professor at the University of Ottawa|
|Alma mater||University of Ottawa|
|Influences||John Maynard Keynes, Michal Kalecki, Nicholas Kaldor, Joan Robinson, Richard Kahn, Wynne Godley|
|Contributions||Economic growth, Structural change, Monetary economics, National accounting, Economics of Ice Hockey|
|Information at IDEAS/RePEc|
Marc Lavoie is a professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Ottawa, where he started teaching in 1979. Besides having published more than one hundred articles in refereed journals and more than sixty chapters in edited books, he has written a number of books, among which are Introduction to Post-Keynesian Economics (2006), translated into four languages, Foundations of Post-Keynesian Economic Analysis (1992), as well as Monetary Economics: An Integrated Approach to Money, Income, Production and Wealth (2007) with Wynne Godley. The latter deals with and employs in its analysis the stock/flow consistent method.
With Mario Seccareccia, he has been the co-editor of three books, including one on the works of Milton Friedman, in addition to writing the first Canadian edition of the Baumol and Blinder first-year textbook (2009).
Lavoie has been the associate editor of the Encyclopedia of Political Economy (1999), and he has been a visiting professor at the universities of Bordeaux, Nice, Rennes, Dijon, Grenoble, Limoges, Lille, and Paris-Nord, as well as Curtin University in Perth, Australia.
- Non-orthodox economic theories
- Post Keynesian theory
- Macroeconomic theory
- Monetary theory and policy
- Economics of sports (discrimination, ice hockey)
Los Angeles (1984)
- 7th – Team Men's Sabre
- 30th – Individual Men's Sabre
- 9th – Team Men's Sabre
- Wynne Godley and Marc Lavoie, 2007. Monetary Economics: An Integrated Approach to Credit, Money, Income, Production and Wealth, Palgrave MacMillan. ISBN 0-230-50055-2 Description.
- Baumol, W.J., Blinder, A.S., Lavoie, M. and M. Seccareccia, Macroeconomics: Principles and Policy, Toronto, Nelson Education, 2009, 440 pp. ISBN 978-0-17-625255-7
- Baumol, W.J., Blinder A.S., Lavoie, M. and M. Seccareccia, Microeconomics: Principles and Policy, Toronto, Nelson Education, 2009, 495 pp. ISBN 978-0-17-625254-0
- Lavoie, M., Introduction to Post-Keynesian Economics, Palgrave/Macmillan, 2006, 150 pp. ISBN 0-230-22921-2
- Lavoie, M., La économia postkeynesiana, Barcelona, Icaria editorial, 2005, 142 pp. ISBN 84-7426-785-4 (in Spanish)
- Lavoie, M., L’Économie postkeynésienne, Paris, La Découverte (Repères), 2004, 128 pp. ISBN 978-2-7071-4266-5 (in French)
- Lavoie, M., Avantage numérique, Gatineau, Vents d'Ouest, 1997, 288 pp. ISBN 9782921603591 (in French)
- Lavoie, M., Désavantage numérique, Gatineau, Vents d'Ouest, 1998, 168 pp. ISBN 9782921603652 (in French)