Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo
|Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo|
|Queen consort of Spain|
|Tenure||16 November 1870 – 11 February 1873|
|Issue||Prince Emanuele Filiberto, Duke of Aosta
Prince Vittorio Emanuele, Count of Turin
Prince Luigi Amedeo, Duke of the Abruzzi
|Father||Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo, 5th Prince della Cisterna|
|Mother||Countess Louise de Merode|
9 August 1847|
|Died||8 November 1876
Sanremo, Kingdom of Italy
|Burial||Basilica of Superga|
Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo (Maria Vittoria Carlotta Enrichetta; 9 August 1847 – 8 November 1876) was an Italian noblewoman and was the Princess della Cisterna in her own right. Married to the Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta, a son of Victor Emmanuel II of Italy she was later the queen of Spain from 1870 until her husband's abdication in 1873. She is an ancestress of the present Duke of Apulia, a claimant to the throne of Italy.
The only surviving child of Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo, Prince della Cisterna and his wife Countess Louise de Merode. At the death of her father in 1864 she became the Princess della Cisterna, di Belriguardo, Marchesa di Voghera and Countess di Ponderano in her own right. She died in Sanremo.
On 30 May 1867, in Turin, she married Prince Amadeo of Savoy, Duke of Aosta, a younger son of King Victor Emmanuel II of Italy. An urban legend circulates claiming that numerous tragedies befell Donna Vittoria and Prince Amedeo during their wedding. 
She became Queen Consort of Spain when her husband was elected king on 16 November 1870. She lived a discreet life as queen, only involving herself in charity. Amadeo abdicated from the Spanish throne on 11 February 1873. Maria Vittoria then returned to Italy. Her health damaged by the trip and childbirth, she died later the same year of tuberculosis.
- Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy, Duke of Aosta (13 January 1869 – 4 July 1931) Marshal of Italy married to Princess Hélène of Orléans and had issue.
- Prince Vittorio Emanuele of Savoy, Count of Turin (24 November 1870 – 10 October 1946) died unmarried.
- Prince Luigi Amedeo of Savoy, Duke of the Abruzzi (29 January 1873 – 18 March 1933) Vice Admiral in the Italian Royal Navy died unmarried.
- Kingdom of Italy : Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saints Maurice and Lazarus.
- Austria-Hungary : Dame of the Order of the Starry Cross.
Titles and styles
- 9 August 1847 – 26 March 1864 Donna Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo della Cisterna
- 26 March 1864 – 19 February 1867 Donna Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo, Princess della Cisterna e di Belriguardo
- 19 February 1867 – 30 May 1867 Her Highness Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo, Princess della Cisterna e di Belriguardo
- 30 May 1867 – 6 November 1870 Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Aosta
- 6 November 1870 – 11 February 1873 Her Majesty The Queen of Spain
- 11 February 1873 – 8 November 1876 Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Aosta
|Ancestors of Maria Vittoria dal Pozzo|
Title last held byFrancis of Spain
as King consort
|Queen consort of Spain
16 November 1870 – 11 February 1873
Title next held byMercedes of Orléans
Carlo Emanuele dal Pozzo
|Princess della Cisterna
26 March 1864 – 8 November 1876
Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy