Matthew Lewis (actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2009)|
Lewis at the New York premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
|Born||Matthew David Lewis
27 June 1989
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, UK
|Years active||1995 – present|
Personal life 
Lewis was born in Horsforth, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, the son of Lynda (née Needham) and Adrian Lewis. He has two brothers, Chris Lewis and actor Anthony Lewis. He attended St. Mary's Catholic High School, Menston. Lewis is an avid fan of rugby league team Leeds in the Super League. He is a vice president of the Leeds Rugby Foundation charity. In an interview with WBEZ, Lewis stated his association with the number 11 and how it has appeared multiple times throughout his life, such as being 11 years old when obtaining the role for Harry Potter, which has inspired him to obtain a tattoo of the number 11 on his right arm and to have myriad clothing with the number 11 on it.
Early work 
He has been acting since he was five years old. He started off with minor parts in television programmes, debuting in Some Kind of Life.
Harry Potter 
He then went on to try out for the part of Neville Longbottom. He has portrayed Neville Longbottom in the eight Harry Potter films. During the filming of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Helena Bonham Carter, who portrays Bellatrix Lestrange, accidentally ruptured Lewis's eardrum when she stuck her wand in his ear.
Harry Potter's author J.K.Rowling gave a speech during the final, world premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on the 7 July 2011 in London, England. She announced that they are seven Harry Potter's film series cast members, who she refers to as The Big Seven, and she named Lewis as one of the seven members, alongside with Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Tom Felton, Evanna Lynch and Bonnie Wright.
Further career 
Lewis will be playing the role as Dodd in Wasteland film, which is written and directed by Rowan Athale.
Matthew Lewis's latest film, Wasteland, will screen at the Newport Beach Film Festival on Sunday, April 28, 2013 and Monday, April 29, 2013.
Stage career 
In June 2012, Lewis was confirmed to play Mick in the West End stage new production of Our Boys by Jonathan Lewis. The role marked Lewis's West End debut. He starred in the play alongside Cian Barry, Arthur Darvill and Laurence Fox. The play started its previews on 26 September 2012, and played regularly from 3 October 2012 until 15 December 2012 at the Duchess Theatre, London.
Awards and honours 
In 2012 it was announced that Lewis was to receive an honorary Master of Arts degree from Leeds Metropolitan University for his contribution to the arts and charity work on 24 July 2012.
- Charnley, Jane (1 June 2004). "Harry Potter and the boy who wouldn't give up". Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- http://matthew-lewis.com/index.php/matthew/basic-facts/ Matthew Lewis.com
- http://www.wharfedaleobserver.co.uk/news/news_local/8249380.Harry_Potter_star_goes_back_to_school/ Wharfedale Observer - Harry Potter star goes back to school
- "Harry Potter star hoping Rhinos will be magical". Super League. 10 February 2010. Retrieved 11 February 2010.
- Leeds Rugby Foundation website list of Vice presidents
- Justin Kaufmann (15 July 2011). "Wikipedia Files: Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom)". WBEZ. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Steph. "Interview with the Gryffindors". Veritaserum. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Steve Daly (13 July 2007). "Helena Bonham Carter Gets Wicked". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- J.K. Rowling's Emotional Speech at the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- 03:45 AM. "Exclusive: Matthew Lewis talks Verdict, confirms new Deathly Hallows: II battle scene". SnitchSeeker.com. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- BBC lstest news on The Syndicate
- Lewis first set footage on The Syndicate
- Potter Matthew Lewis Skins Lily Loveless in Music Video, DigitalSpy, Retrieved 6 July 2012
- First promo synopsis of Matthew Lewis in Wasteland
- ”Wasteland Newport Beach Film Festival 2013 Screenings”
- Sarah Freeman (13 April 2011). "Learning how to earn a living after Harry Potter ends". Yorkshire Post. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Laura Davis (29 March 2011). "Susan Penhaligon leads all-star cast for Agatha Christie’s Verdict at New Brighton Floral Pavilion". Liverpool Daily Post. Retrieved 18 July 2011.
- Matthew Lewis to star in Our Boys West End Play, SnitchSeeker.com
- Matthew Lewis to receive honorary master of arts degree from Leeds Metropolitan University SnitchSeeker.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Matthew Lewis|