Morning News (Canadian morning TV show)
The opening title for the Morning News
|Also known as||Global News Morning (Ontario, 2003-2009)
This Morning Live (Quebec, 2001-2008)
Global News Morning Edition (Edmonton/Calgary, 2000-2006)
ITV First News (Edmonton, Early 1990s-2000)
The Breakfast Show (Calgary, Early 1990s-2000)
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Production company(s)||Shaw Media|
|Original channel||BCTV/Calgary 7/ITV (1990s-2001)
|Picture format||480p (SDTV)
|Related shows||News Hour|
The Morning News (known as the Saturday Morning News or the Sunday Morning News on Saturdays and Sundays respectively and the Early Morning News from 5-6 AM) is the name of local morning newscasts airing on Global Television Network's owned-and-operated stations (O&Os) in British Columbia, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Montreal, and Halifax with each station producing its own edition of the program.
As part of Shaw Communications' benefit package for acquiring Global and other specialty channels from the bankrupt Canwest, Global O&Os in Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Montreal, and the Maritimes would each launch morning shows for their respective markets. As of January 28, 2013, this promise has been fulfilled by Shaw Media.
- 1 Global BC
- 2 Global Calgary
- 3 Global Edmonton
- 4 Global Regina
- 5 Global Saskatoon
- 6 Global Winnipeg
- 7 Global Toronto
- 8 Global Montreal
- 9 Global Halifax
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
- Steve Darling - co-anchor
- Kristi Gordon - weekend meteorologist (on maternity leave)
- Kaitlyn Herbst - Global 1 airborne traffic reporter
- Jay Janower - weekend sports
- Sophie Lui - co-anchor
- Mark Madryga - weekday meteorologist
- Wesla Wong - traffic and community events reporter; substitute weekend weather presenter
- Lynn Collier - weekend host
- Scott Fee (weekdays)
- Suzanne Fox (weekdays)
- Reid Fiest (weekends)
- Bindu Suri (weekends)
- On-location reporters
- Cara Fullerton (weekdays, also relief presenter)
- Amber Schinkel (weekdays)
- Sarah Offin (weekends)
- Jordan Witzel (meteorologist, weekdays)
- Gemma Lynne Stroobant (weekends)
- Leslie Horton (weekdays)
- Global 1 Helicopter
- Pauline Higgins (weekdays)
- Cathy McDonald (weekends)
The Morning News on Global Edmonton airs weekdays from 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM MT, and weekends from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM MT. It is the most watched morning show in Edmonton, consistently beating the nearest competition by a margin of 6 to 1.
- Jennifer Crosby (weekdays)
- Shaye Ganam (weekdays)
- Shane Jones (weekends)
- Erin Chalmers (news reporter, weekdays)
- Lorraine Mansbridge (community reporter, weekdays)
- Emily Mertz (social media)
- Slav Kornik (weekends)
- Mike Sobel (weekdays)
- Kevin O'Connell(weekends)
- Daintre Christensen (weekdays)
- Global 1 Helicopter
- Derek Allen (weekdays)
- various (weekends)
The Morning News airs on Global Regina weekdays from 6am to 9am local time.
- Heather Anderson - Anchor
- Rustie Dean - Weather/Traffic
- Scott Mclean - Live Reporter
The Morning News airs on Global Saskatoon weekdays from 6am to 9am local time.
- Lisa Dutton - Anchor
- Kevin Stanfield - Weather/Traffic Anchor
- Taylor Shire - Sports Anchor
The Morning News airs on Global Winnipeg weekday mornings from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM from its high-definition studios at 201 Portage in Downtown Winnipeg. It is simulcast on CJBN. It debuted on February 6, 2012 and features the only TV news helicopter in Winnipeg.
- Eva Kovacs - Anchor
- Derek Taylor - Anchor
- Mike Koncan - Weather/Traffic
- Fiona Odlum - Skyview 1 airborne traffic reporter
Global Toronto airs The Morning Show from 6AM to 9:00AM (addition until 9:30AM for broadcast nationally) ET on weekdays. The show is produced from studios located at the Shaw Media Building at 121 Bloor St. in Toronto.
- Liza Fromer - host
- Kris Reyes - host
- Rosey Edeh - weather and traffic report and anchor
- Liem Vu - social media report
- Leslie Roberts - national co-host (Only broadcast nationally! 9 to 9:30AM)
- Antony Robart - news reporter and co-anchor (Only local station 6 to 9AM!)
- Kimberly Fowler - Global 1 airborne traffic reporter; with now Director of Operations-Ontario Canadian Traffic Network (Only local station 6 to 9AM!)
Former personalities on The Morning Show
- Daru Dhillon - weather and traffic report and anchor; Oct 11, 2011 - Aug 24, 2012.
- Dave Gerry - anchor; Oct 11, 2011 - Dec 14, 2012. Left Global Toronto in May 2013. Has relocated back home to British Columbia.
Former personalities on Global News Morning
- Alan Carter – anchor 2003– 2009; later promoted managing editor at CIII; 2011–Present with Global Toronto Queen's Park Bureau Chief
- Robin Gill - anchor, 2008–2009; now with Global National
- Zuraidah Alman - anchor, 2007–2008; now with CTV Toronto
- Christine Crosbie – anchor, 2003–2006; now in media relations at the Ontario Science Centre
- Anne-Marie Mediwake - anchor, 2006–2007; later promoted to Global News Hour Toronto And CBC News Network. Now on CBC Toronto
- Minna Rhee – news reporter; now anchor CP24
- Scott Peterson - Business reporter; deceased (2008)
- David Steinhard – business reporter; deceased (2008)
- Marc Saltzman - technology info was known as G-3 with Marc Saltzman; now with Canada AM
- Anwar Knight - weather presenter, 2003–2006; now with Canada AM
- Bill Coulter - weather presenter with CMOS, 2006–2009; later promoted to Global Weekends News Toronto 2009-2011; now with CP24 Breakfast
- Pooja Handa – traffic & entertainment (The Scoop) presenter 2003-2008 ; now traffic specialist and anchor with CP24 Breakfast
- Sara Lynn Cauchon - traffic & entertainment (The Scoop) presenter 2008-2009;
- Tracy Hemphill - Global 2 Chopper Traffic
The station debuted a morning news program on July 14, 2003 under the title Global News Morning; it was broadcast weekdays 6AM to 9AM ET. The program was renamed Morning News in 2006  in conjunction with Global's network-wide rebranding exercise. This broadcast show as location on 81 Barber Greene Road (Global Toronto Office) in Don Mills from 2003 to 2009.
The newscast was cancelled in January 2009 due to low ratings, and was replaced by a simulcast of then-sister station CHCH-TV's more popular Morning Live show, originating in Hamilton, from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. The CHCH simulcast was dropped in August 2009 after Canwest sold the Hamilton station to Channel Zero; since then, Global Toronto had aired second-run lifestyle programming in the morning timeslot.
On June 1, 2011, Shaw Communications announced that it would relaunch a morning newscast on Global Toronto in the fall of 2011 under the title The Morning Show, instead of using the Morning News moniker. Kris Reyes, Liza Fromer, Dave Gerry and Daru Dhillon were named as the anchors for the three-hour long newscast. The show debuted on October 11, 2011. Plus they are brought sponsors this show by: TD Canada (Oct 11- Somewhere in Nov or Dec, 2012) and McDonald's Canada (Oct 11, 2012 until Present) still they are hold on this brought sponsor to keep running the show.
On August 27, 2012, They replaces a new report from Weather and Traffic on The Morning Show first time they replaces with other report leaving. And on this day too they have been announced a new show from The News at Noon  with Antony Robart and Rosey Edeh they have news report and update weather. The News at Noon the location on-air is same places on The Morning Show. Then in December 12, 2012, it was announced that The Morning Show would be expanded in early 2013 to include an additional half-hour that would be broadcast nationally.
The Morning News airs weekday mornings from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM ET on Global Montreal. The program is broadcast in high-definition from its studios in the Dominion Square Building in Downtown Montreal, and from various locations in Montreal's West Island area.
- Richard Dagenais
- Camille Ross
- Jessica Laventure - Weather & Traffic/On-location reporter
- Andrew Peplowski - host, 2004–2007
- Tracy McKee - host, 2004–2007
The Morning News began airing on Global Montreal on January 28, 2013, 5 years after the station's original morning show (This Morning Live) was cancelled.
After being rebranded as Global, Global Montreal aired a live two and a half-hour (and subsequently three) hour weekday morning magazine program called This Morning Live. It was aired in place of cartoons that aired on most Global stations weekday mornings because Quebec provincial law requires children's programming to be shown weekdays commercial-free over the air. A side benefit of this was that it added enough Canadian content to the station's schedule that it could air American talk shows in the afternoon.
The cancellation of This Morning Live was announced in late 2007 and the last program was broadcast on February 27, 2008. To partially make up for the loss of locally produced broadcast hours, the station brought back News Final, which was cancelled in June 2006 due to low ratings.
The Morning News airs weekday mornings from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM AT on Global Halifax. It is simulcast on Global New Brunswick. The program is broadcast in high-definition from its new studios on Göttingen Street in Downtown Halifax. It launched on January 28, 2013.
- Crystal Garrett
- Paul Brothers
- Jill Chappell - Weather & Traffic
- Global News
- Rival morning programs include:
- CRTC approves Shaw’s purchase of the Canwest Global television properties, CRTC press release, October 22, 2010. Accessed online June 22, 2011.
- The Morning News Team for announcement , Leaving Daru Dhillon, August 27, 2012.
- Channel Canada Webcam hava a report about Daru Dhillon, August 18, 2012.
- Wayback Machine: Back original page on Morning News until May 7, 2007, This site was original on: February 21, 2006
- Wayback Machine: This is last original page site on Dec 20, 2008, This is after later when change page site from starting on May 11, 2007
- This is their own reporting they are talk about "Saving on Gas" & logo about "Morning News" about 1 to 18 second, This is Youtube it was publish on: Jan 21, 2010. However this recording live show on July 11, 2007
- Global News Launches 'The Morning Show'
- This was first out of third preview mini commercial before starting show this video was about Main "Coffee", This is Youtube it was publish on: Sept 26, 2011, In addition we saw on Global TV too and Liza Fromer was herself most those commercials with other too "Towel", "Muscle Car" & "Shirt"
- Global Toronto Announces Hosts for The News at Noon, Broadcaster Magazine, August 7, 2012.