|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|First appearance||Take Hart 14 September 1977|
|Created by||Peter Lord|
Morph appeared mainly in one minute "shorts" interspersed throughout the show. These were connected to the main show by having Hart deliver a line or two to Morph who would reply in gobbledygook but with meaningful gestures. Later on, Morph was joined by cream-coloured Chas, who was much more badly behaved.
Morph and the other plasticine characters could change their morphology. Sometimes they would become spheres in order to move around, or extrude themselves into cylinders to pass to different levels. They could also mimic other objects, or creatures.
Morph lived in an artist's wooden pencil box, and he and Chas both loved to eat Dee's tofu, as seen in many of the shorts.
Some of the early plasticine models of Morph were destroyed in a fire at the warehouse they were being stored on 10 October 2005.
Morph and Chas appeared in shorts on the British children's TV programme SMart from 1994 onwards.
In 29 October 2013, Peter Lord (co-founder of Aardman Animations) created a fund raising project on the crowdfunding site Kickstarter. The campaign set a target of £75,000 to be used to fund 12 new one minute episodes. The target was reached on 6 November 2013 after only 9 days, attracting contributions from over 1,700 backers who will receive a variety of rewards, including early access to the new animations and a small box of clay used in the production, depending on the individual's level of funding.
Lord is hoping to start production in January 2014 using the original stop-frame animation techniques.
|1980–1981||The Amazing Adventures of Morph|
|1995||The Morph Files|
|1997||Morph TV (with Tony Hart)|
|1998||On Your Marks|
|2006||Morph (TV Series)|
|2009||Ashes to Ashes (guest appearance)|
|2012||Ricky's Radical Reinventions|
- Morph - The curious and creative main character with terracotta skin.
- Chas (pronounced Chaz) - Morph's mischievous, cream-skinned friend.
- Nailbrush - Morph's 'canine' companion, a barking nailbrush.
- Grandmorph - Morph's elderly, beared grandpa, who travels by skateboard and frequently invents things.
- Delilah - A bossy, bespectacled female character in a yellow dress with dark purple skin.
- Folly - A scatter-brained girl made of tin-foil.
- Gillespie - A large, blue, dimwitted but peaceable friend of Morph's.
- The Very Small Creatures - An array of small plasticine balls with eyes who travel in a swarm; the smallest of the group, Little Green, features prominently on his own in a number of episodes.
- Goobledygook - A green, omnivorous alien child (who arrived on the table by accident piloting a milk bottle-like craft in the original series - in the Morph Files, he arrived by accidentally printing him from the 'space raiders' style game).
- Narrator: Tony Hart
- Animated, Scripted and Directed by: Peter Lord, David Sproxton
- Special Effects: Peter Harwood
- Editor: Alan Trott
- Producer: Patrick Dowling
- Executive Producers: David Hamilton, Claire Derry
- Narrator: Neil Morrissey
- Animators for Aardman Animations: Mike Booth, Gary Cureton, Dave Osmond
- Computer Animation: Alan Snow
- Dubbing Editor: James Mather
- Special Sounds: Peter Harwood
- Writer: Andy Walker
- Editor: Andrew Hassenruck
- Special Thanks to: The Staff of Aardman Animations
- Producer: Jacqueline White
- Executive Producers: Peter Lord, David Sproxton
- For Link Licensing: David Hamilton, Claire Derry
- Directed by: Peter Lord
- Official Morph web-site
- Information about Morph, with photograph
- B3ta interview with Tony Hart which discusses Morph
- A fond farewell to Morph: Tony Hart article about Morph
- Animation archive up in smoke: BBC News article about Aardman's warehouse fire
- Morph's page on Tony Hart's official site
- Limited edition Morph prints created for Morph's 30th anniversary
- Guardian article about Aardman's warehouse fire
- Kickstarter project to fund new production