Main Street Looking East
|Time zone||MST (UTC+6.30)|
Myawaddy (Burmese: မြဝတီ) is a town in south-eastern Myanmar in Kayin State close to the border with Thailand. Separated from the Thai border town of Mae Sot by the Moei River, the town is most important trading point between Myanmar and Thailand.
On 6 August 2010, a bomb exploded in the car park of a crowded market in Myawaddy, killing two men and seriously injuring four others.
- Chien, Choo Tse (2004) "Border Areas & Into Burma Photo Gallery" at pbase.com, archived here on 9 February 2005 by Internet Archive
- Naylor, Thomas (2009) "The underworld of gemstones Part II: in the eye of the beholder" Crime, Law and Social Change 53(3): 211–227, doi:10.1007/s10611-009-9221-1
- Myawaddy travel guide from Wikivoyage
- "Myawadi Map — Satellite Images of Myawadi" at Maplandia
- "Myawaddy Photos: Pictures of Myawaddy, Myanmar", TravelPod
|This Kayin State location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|