|Occupation||CEO of Do Something Inc.|
|Known for||Creator of Dress for Success, Creator of Crisis Text Line|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Early life and education
In 1995, with the help of a $5,000 inheritance, Lublin founded the organization Dress for Success. It provides women with interview suits and career development training in more than 114 cities in 12 countries.
Since August 2003, Lublin has overseen the growth of Do Something and led the effort to begin awarding more grant money to younger candidates seeking social change. The not-for-profit company has seen a significant revival, primarily in its use of online marketing and social campaigns.
In 2013, while still CEO of DoSomething.org, Lublin turned her popular TED talk into her third company, Crisis Text Line (CTL). CTL is the first 24/7, free, nationwide text line for teens.
Lublin's Zilch: The Power of Zero in Business was released on June 23, 2010.
Awards and honors
Lublin was named to the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders (2007), one of Glamour magazine’s Women of Worth (2006), received Fast Company's Fast 50 Award (2002), and was named the NYC Women’s Commission Woman of the Year (2000). Nancy was also named Fortune’s “World’s 50 Greatest Leaders” (2014). She is a Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute (2013) and was selected as one of Schwab's Social Entrepreneurs of the Year (2014).
Lublin is married to Jason Diaz and they have two children; the family lives in New York City.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nancy Lublin.|
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2013)|
- 5 Questions for Nancy Lublin
- Getting off on the right footing
- Nancy Lublin, Bio
- Nancy Lublin, Soapbox
- Huffington Post, Nancy Lublin
- Royce Carlton Speaker Profile: Nancy Lublin
- NYU Wagner School of Public Service
- Nancy Lublin, Dress for Success
- Woman on Top, Nancy Lublin
- Giving Kids the Choice to Help
- Helping Disadvantaged Women, Teen Aim High
- New York Tri-State Nonprofit Boot Camp
- Auroa Women and Girls Foundation
- Dress For Success
- Nancy's first book Zilch
- Do Something website
- Charity Navigator Evaluation of Do Something
- Dress For Success
- Nancy Lublin Video produced by Makers: Women Who Make America