Nassim Ben Khalifa
Khalifa playing for the Switzerland under-21 team
|Full name||Nassim Ben Khalifa|
|Date of birth||13 January 1992|
|Place of birth||Prangins, Switzerland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking Midfielder, Forward|
|2010–||VfL Wolfsburg II||6||(2)|
|2011||→ 1. FC Nürnberg (loan)||1||(0)|
|2011||→ 1. FC Nürnberg II (loan)||9||(2)|
|2011–2012||→ BSC Young Boys (loan)||17||(2)|
|2012–||→ Grasshopper (loan)||13||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 07:53, 28 October 2012 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Swiss Super League
Ben Khalifa made his debut with Grasshopper in the Swiss Super League on 7 March 2009, at the age of 17, where he played the last 11 minutes in the game against FC Sion. He scored his first Super League goal in his fourth game, on 19 July 2009, also against FC Sion. Until he left Grasshopper at the end of the 2009–10 season, Ben Khalifa played a total of 28 league matches and scored eight goals.
On 19 February 2010, he signed a four-year contract with VfL Wolfsburg of the German Bundesliga and joined his new club on 1 July 2010. However, he has never played for Wolfsburg in a Bundesliga game.
After half a season on the bench, Wolfsburg loaned Ben Khalifa out to 1. FC Nürnberg until summer 2012, where he made his Bundesliga debut on 5 March 2011, being brought into the game against FC St. Pauli in the 82nd minute.
Back in Switzerland
After the loan spell with Nürnberg, in July 2011, Ben Khalifa moved to BSC Young Boys on loan for the 2011–12 season and on 23 June 2012, signed a two-year loan deal with his first professional club Grasshopper for the 2012–13 season.
Ben Khalifa has played for Swiss youth squads at various levels from U-15 to U-18. He has participated at the U-17 European Championships in 2008 in Turkey and in 2009 in Germany as well as at the Under-17 World Cup in 2009 in Nigeria, where he was awarded the "Silver Ball" trophy for the second best player of the tournament.
For the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa he was on Switzerland's reserve list (30 players), but did not make it into the final 23-man squad. His first appearance for the Swiss national team was on 11 August 2010 against Austria.
- Switzerland U-17
- "Nassim Ben Khalifa – Leistungsdaten" (in German). transfermarkt.de. Retrieved 5 November 2009.
- "VfL verpflichtet Schweizer Sturmtalent Nassim Ben Khalifa" (in German). VfL Wolfsburg. 21 February 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- "On the ball in first afternoon session". VfL Wolfsburg. 2 July 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2010.
- "Khalifa-Ausleihe perfekt" [Khalifa Loan complete] (in German). DFL. 14 January 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2011.
- "Ben Khalifa takes chance to shine with Young Boys". official site. UEFA. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Off to Zurich". official site. VfL Wolfsburg. 23 June 2012. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "Awards galore in Abuja". FIFA.com. Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- "Sich selber geschlagen" (in German). NZZ.ch. 27 May 2010. Retrieved 29 October 2010.