Neon Gold Records
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|Neon Gold Records|
|Country of origin||United States
|Location||New York City|
Initially operating as a vinyl-only singles label, Neon Gold has launched the debut releases and international careers of many acts including Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding, Marina & The Diamonds, Gotye, The Naked & Famous, Icona Pop and Tove Lo. Beyond their own roster, Neon Gold are often credited with the discovery and initial support of a number of other successful artists including Vampire Weekend, Lana Del Rey, CHVRCHES, Grouplove and Walk the Moon.
On December 8, 2010, Neon Gold signed a joint venture with Columbia Records, enabling them to graduate to full-length releases through Columbia and RED Distribution Through the venture with Columbia, the label signed and released debut albums from St. Lucia, HAIM, and Magic Man.
In January 2014, the label embarked on a new venture with Atlantic Records, where they are currently preparing Charli XCX's sophomore record for release through Neon Gold/Atlantic this fall. The deal made Neon Gold an imprint label under Atlantic – co-chaired by Julie Greenwald and Craig Kallman, who oversaw similar Atlantic imprints Fueled By Ramen and Canvasback.
Neon Gold Live
Neon Gold also runs a successful promotions arm, operating popular monthly club nights in NYC, London, and LA, and producing approximately 100 events a year in addition to their flagship annual showcases at South by Southwest, CMJ and The Great Escape Festival.
Launched at Tammany Hall in New York City's Lower East Side in 2011, the monthly club night Popshop is the primary outlet of the Neon Gold Live operation, and has since expanded to new venues and cities.
As of 2014, Neon Gold hosts monthly events in the following cities
- Manhattan - Popshop NYC at The Westway
- Brooklyn - Popshop BK at Brooklyn Bowl
- Los Angeles - Popshop West at The Echo
- Washington DC - All Things Gold at U Street Music Hall
- London - New Shapes at Notting Hill Arts Club
- Awesome New Republic
- Ellie Goulding
- Fort Lean
- Icona Pop
- Little Red
- Miami Horror
- Mr. Little Jeans
- Passion Pit
- Penguin Prison
- Savoir Adore
- Wildcat! Wildcat!
- Interview Magazine interviews Derek Davies and Lizzy Plapinger
- The Miscellany News interviews Lizzy Plapinger about Neon Gold Records
- Neon Gold Records interviewed by Gopher Illustrated
- Vampire Weekend: The Graduates
- Neon Gold Signs JV With Columbia (Billboard)
- Neon Gold Signs Label Deal With Atlantic Records, Releasing Lyor Cohen's First Signing (Exclusive)
- Guest of a Guest reviews Neon Gold Record's first POPSHOP