|Population||8,345 (Dec 2012)|
|- Density||1,554 /km2 (4,025 /sq mi)|
|Area||5.38 km2 (2.08 sq mi)|
|Elevation||403 m (1,322 ft)|
|Surrounded by||Baden, Fislisbach, Killwangen, Oberrohrdorf, Wettingen, Würenlos|
|Twin towns||Holzgerlingen (Germany)|
Neuenhof is first mentioned in 1393 as ob dem nuiwem Hof.
Neuenhof has an area, as of 2006[update], of 5.4 km2 (2.1 sq mi). Of this area, 17.7% is used for agricultural purposes, while 51% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 26.2% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (5.2%) is non-productive (rivers or lakes).
The municipality is located in the Baden district, between the Heitersberg and the Limmat river. It consists of the village of Neuenhof along the former village stream, and the farming village of Rüsler as well as a new housing development. The municipalities of Baden and Neuenhof are considering a merger on 1 January 2012 into a new municipality which will be known as Baden.
Coat of arms
Neuenhof has a population (as of 31 December 2012) of 8,345. As of 2008[update], 46.5% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 6.1%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (73.8%), with Italian being second most common ( 8.7%) and Serbo-Croatian being third ( 5.5%).
The age distribution, as of 2008[update], in Neuenhof is; 758 children or 9.5% of the population are between 0 and 9 years old and 832 teenagers or 10.4% are between 10 and 19. Of the adult population, 1,351 people or 16.9% of the population are between 20 and 29 years old. 1,270 people or 15.9% are between 30 and 39, 1,128 people or 14.1% are between 40 and 49, and 1,019 people or 12.7% are between 50 and 59. The senior population distribution is 863 people or 10.8% of the population are between 60 and 69 years old, 526 people or 6.6% are between 70 and 79, there are 209 people or 2.6% who are between 80 and 89,and there are 42 people or 0.5% who are 90 and older.
As of 2000[update], there were 606 homes with 1 or 2 persons in the household, 2,181 homes with 3 or 4 persons in the household, and 571 homes with 5 or more persons in the household. The average number of people per household was 2.21 individuals. In 2008[update] there were 417 single family homes (or 11.0% of the total) out of a total of 3,790 homes and apartments.
In Neuenhof about 64.1% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule). Of the school age population (in the 2008/2009 school year[update]), there are 543 students attending primary school, there are 260 students attending secondary school in the municipality.
The historical population is given in the following table:
As of 2007[update], Neuenhof had an unemployment rate of 3.65%. As of 2005[update], there were 9 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 5 businesses involved in this sector. 513 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 64 businesses in this sector. 1,194 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 181 businesses in this sector.
As of 2000[update] there was a total of 4,291 workers who lived in the municipality. Of these, 3,711 or about 86.5% of the residents worked outside Neuenhof while 1,137 people commuted into the municipality for work. There were a total of 1,717 jobs (of at least 6 hours per week) in the municipality.
From the 2000 census[update], 3,638 or 47.8% are Roman Catholic, while 1,659 or 21.8% belonged to the Swiss Reformed Church. Of the rest of the population, there are 16 individuals (or about 0.21% of the population) who belong to the Christian Catholic faith.
Notable people from Neuenhof
- Canton of Aargau Statistical Office, MS Excel document – Bevölkerungsbestand 2012 nach Gemeinde, Geschlecht u. Nationalität (per 31. Dezember 2012)] (German) accessed 23 July 2013
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Neuenhof in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 9 February 2010
- Amtliches Gemeindeverzeichnis der Schweiz published by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (German) accessed 14 January 2010
- Flags of the World.com accessed 9 February 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bereich 01 -Bevölkerung (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau -Bevölkerungsdaten für den Kanton Aargau und die Gemeinden (Archiv) (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau - Aargauer Zahlen 2009 (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau (German) accessed 20 January 2010
- Statistical Department of Canton Aargau-Bereich 11 Verkehr und Nachrichtenwesen (German) accessed 21 January 2010
- Media related to Neuenhof AG at Wikimedia Commons