Avinoam Noma Bar (born in 1973 in Israel) is a graphic designer, illustrator and artist. His work has appeared in many media publications including: Time Out London, BBC, Random House, The Observer, The Economist and Wallpaper*. Bar has illustrated over sixty magazine covers, published over 550 illustrations and released two books of his work through Mark Batty Publisher: 'Guess Who - The Many Faces of Noma Bar', in 2008 and 'Negative Space' in early 2009.
Describing his craft as visual communication, combining the skills of artist, illustrator and designer, Noma states he's "After the maximum communication with minimum elements”.
His London Design Festival exhibition “Cut It Out”, was selected as one of the highlights of the festival. The project was nominated in the graphics category for the Design Museum, Designs Of the Year 2012.
Noma's work has become well known throughout the world, winning various industry awards. more recently the prestigious Yellow Pencil award at the D&AD Professional Awards 2012 for his series of Don DeLilo covers, created with London design studio It's Nice That.
Noma’s work has been exhibited worldwide with solo shows in London, New York and Paris.
2014 - LOOK OUT, NOMA BAR. L'Imprimerie Gallery, Paris. New artworks and sculptures.
2013 - CUT THE CONFLICT. Rook and Raven Gallery, London. Cut the Conflict will take Noma Bar’s distinctive mixture of ‘double-take’ imagery and biting social commentary to a new level, by collecting different materials from countries in conflict, and exposing their current political and social situation.
2010 - BITTER/SWEET. KK Outlet, London Noma Bar has transformed flat illustrations into a variety of objects that include 3D wood cuts, installation pieces, screenprints and light boxes.
- MESQUITA, Felipe. "Ilustrações com duplo sentido" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- http://www.dutchuncle.co.uk/noma-bar Noma Bar Portfolio
- http://www.amazon.com/dp/0977985075 Guess Who: The Illustrations Of Noma Bar on Amazon
- http://www.amazon.com/dp/0981780555 Negative Space on Amazon
- http://www.wallpaper.com/art/illustrator-noma-bar-strives-to-cut-the-conflict-with-a-new-exhibition-in-london/6962 Illustrator Noma Bar strives to 'Cut the Conflict' with a new exhibition in London
- http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2011/march/noma-bar-don-delillo-covers Don DeLillo covers by Noma Bar
- http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2012/october/murakami-book-covers-noma-bar Murakami covers by Noma Bar
- http://www.picador.com/blog/may-2012/picador-s-don-delillo-series-wins-d-ad-yellow-penc Picador's Don DeLillo Series Wins D&AD Yellow Pencil
- http://typocircle.com/archive/poster/noma-bar Noma Bar talks at the TypoCircle 2014
- http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=PM&subtype=PT&htmlfid=COH03152USEN#loaded Noma Bar Outcomes of a Smarter Planet collection of 20 posters