NE 7th Avenue MAX Station
|MAX Light Rail Station|
Northeast 7th Avenue MAX station, looking west.
|Location||NE Holladay St & NE 7th Ave
|Bicycle facilities||bike lockers|
|Disabled access||Accessible to people with mobility devices|
|Opened||September 5, 1986|
The station is located at the area of Northeast 7th Avenue and Holladay Street. The station primarily serves a large complex of Oregon government buildings and office buildings. From 2001 to 2012, this station was located within Fareless Square (renamed the Free Rail Zone in 2010), but the free-ride zone was discontinued in September 2012. Bus line 70-12th/NE 33rd Avenue stops nearby on 9th Avenue.
The station also provides a connection with southbound Portland Streetcar Central Loop cars, which cross the MAX tracks just west of the platform and serve a stop one block to the north (stop ID 13611).
Due to major building construction adjacent, the station was temporarily closed for more than one year in 2014–2015. As of mid-March 2014, the closure was scheduled to begin on March 31, 2014, and last about one year. As of April 23, 2015, the station was scheduled to reopen on May 3, 2015.
- "NE 7th Ave MAX Station closing for about a year due to adjacent apartment construction project". TriMet. March 17, 2014. Retrieved November 9, 2014.
- "NE 7th Ave MAX Station to reopen May 3" (Press release). TriMet. April 23, 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-03.
- Station information (with westbound ID number) from TriMet
- Station information (with eastbound ID number) from TriMet
- MAX Light Rail Stations – TriMet page