Our Lady of Peñafrancia Shrine
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
|Our Lady of Peñafrancia Parish Church|
The facade of the Peñafrancia Shrine
|Location||Naga, Camarines Sur|
|Dedication||Our Lady of Penafrancia|
|Status||Parish church and shrine|
|Architectural type||Church building|
|Archbishop||Rolando Joven Tria Tirona|
|Priest(s)||Fr. Andrew Recepcion|
Our Lady of Peñafrancia Shrine is a Roman Catholic church in the Philippines, located in Naga, Camarines Sur. It is under the jurisdiction of the Ecclesiastical Province of the Archdiocese of Caceres. The church was formerly the home of the image of Our Lady of Peñafrancia, before the Peñafrancia Basilica was constructed. Our Lady of Peñafrancia is one of East Asia's greatest sites of Christian pilgrimage.
The parish church is also the location of the Plaza Miguel Robles de Covarrubias, where the Traslacion procession of Our Lady of Peñafrancia begins, opening the Peñafrancia Festival.
- "Fr. Andrew G. Recepcion S.Th.D | Vox Bikol". voxbikol.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "BusinessMirror - The church project of Shoko Matsumoto". businessmirror.com.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "History of Our Lady of Peñafrancia « Dagos po sa Maogmang Naga". naga.gov.ph. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Our Lady of Peñafrancia Shrine and Parish | official website". penafrancia.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Bikol Braces for the Grand Tercentenary Celebration | Vox Bikol". voxbikol.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Media related to Peñafrancia Shrine at Wikimedia Commons
- Official Site of the Archdiocese of Caceres