|Directed by||Yogaraj Bhat|
|Produced by||Yograj Bhat
|Screenplay by||Yogaraj Bhat
Pawan Kumar. B.P
|Music by||Mano Murthy|
|Cinematography||V . Thiyagarajan|
|Edited by||Deepu S. Kumar|
|Box office||50 million (first 4 weeks)|
Pancharangi (Kannada: ಪಂಚರಂಗಿ) is a 2010 Indian Kannada language romantic comedy film with philosophical overtones directed and produced by Yograj Bhat starring Diganth and Nidhi Subbaiah in the lead roles. The music has been composed by Mano Murthy, story and screenplay is written by Pawan Kumar. The film was predominantly shot in the coastal locales of Karnataka state.
It is a story that unfolds in a span of two days and tackles issues like education, love, profession, marriage, family, life and relationships in a "fun and non-preachy way." As a film with minimal budget under Bhat's maiden home production, it fared well at the box-office. The popular song Lifeu Ishtene was a runaway success and it was used as the title of Pawan Kumar's debut film.
A family goes to a village near Mangalore to finalize a bride for the elder son, Lucky, played by Pavan Kumar. Lucky is a US-based software professional, and is a teetotaler, always abiding by the pressure and demands of his parents, so much to the fact that he does not have the courage to speak out that he already has a girlfriend. Bharath Kumar, the youngest son, the character played by Diganth, is a carefree individual with weird ideas on life. Bharath meets a tomboyish girl, Ambika, who is the house-owner's niece, and they begin to mingle well due to the nature of their personalities.
However, following a few unusual twists and turns, the alliance is called off and the groom's family members walk out due to embarrassment. Ambika, who has now developed a strong feeling of love towards Bharath, goes ahead and confronts him. And finally, Bharath too says yes.
- Diganth as Bharath Kumar
- Nidhi Subbaiah as Ambika
- Ananth Nag as a wanderer (no name)
- Ramya Barna as Latha, bride
- Padmaja Rao as Padma, groom's mother
- Sundar Raj as Srinivas Rao, groom's father
- Sudha Belavadi as Vaishali, bride's mother
- Nagendra Shah as Narayan Rao, bride's father
- Raju Talikote as a marriage broker, Panchakshari
- Pawan Kumar as Lakshman "Lucky" Rao, groom
- Mithra as Keshavananda Swamiji, groom's uncle
- Priyanka Upendra in a guest appearance
- Sathish Ninasam
The film was shot mostly in the coastal areas of Karnataka, especially in the villages Ucchila, Kaapu in the Udupi district. St Mary's Island near Malpe was used for song picturisation, with some additional scenes in Bangalore.
This was the fourth time Diganth has been cast as the main protagonist of the movie in a Yogaraj Bhat film. In addition to Diganth and Nidhi, the rest of the cast is the standard esemble of Anant Nag, Padmaja Rao, Sudha Belavadi and Raju Talikote, accompanied by senior artists such as Nagendra Shah. Pawan Kumar, who has worked with Bhat on the story and screenplay of the movie, plays a supporting role himself.
|Soundtrack album by Mano Murthy|
|Released||14 August 2010|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The music for the film and soundtracks were scored by Mano Murthy, who has scored for many of the earlier films of Yogaraj Bhat. Lyrics for the soundtracks were penned by Jayant Kaikini and Yogaraj Bhat. The soundtrack album consists of twelve soundtracks.
|1.||"Arerere Pancharangi"||Jayant Kaikini||Bunty, Chethan Sosca, Akshatha Ramanath||3:39|
|2.||"Arerere Pancharangi (Instrumental)"||–||Mano Murthy||3:39|
|3.||"Galhu Galhu"||Yogaraj Bhat||Hemant, Yogaraj Bhat||4:07|
|4.||"Galhu Galhu (Instrumental)"||–||Mano Murthy||3:09|
|5.||"Hudugaru Beku"||Yogaraj Bhat||Shreya Ghoshal||4:42|
|6.||"Hudugaru Beku (Instrumental)"||–||Mano Murthy||4:41|
|7.||"Lifu Ishtene"||Yogaraj Bhat||Chethan Sosca, Yogaraj Bhat, Akshatha Ramanath||4:58|
|8.||"Lifu Ishtene (Instrumental)"||–||Mano Murthy||4:47|
|9.||"Lifu Ishtene Shloka"||Yogaraj Bhat||Chethan Sosca||4:13|
|10.||"Ninnaya"||Jayant Kaikini||Shreya Ghosal||4:53|
|11.||"Udisuve"||Jayant Kaikini||Sonu Nigam||4:52|
|12.||"Udisuve (Instrumental)"||–||Mano Murthy||4:52|
Although the film was mentioned in the circles as a typical Yogaraj Bhat film, it went on to become a box-office success garnering significant returns in its first week itself. The "Lifeuu Ishtene" song from the film describing the stark realities of middle-class urban life was the highlight of the movie, and has already spawned several mock versions in Kannada. The success of the movie has bolstered the career opportunities of Diganth and Nidhi and it completed 50 days. Rediff review summed it up calling it a good family entertainer.
Availability of high quality pirated DVDs with English subtitles within 50 days of the film's release dented the gross collection of the film.
- Kannada Film Pancharangi Turns Jackpot!
- Roaring Success for 'Pancharangi'
- "Pancharangi is all about Life Istene," says Yogaraj Bhat
- Sify - Pancharangi is ready
- Pancharangi - Rediff Review
- Pancharangi, 25 days and counting!
- Pawan Kumar turning director with Lifu Ishtene
- "Director Yogaraj Bhat; Movie Pancharangi; Shooting; Actor Diganth; Nidhi Subbayya - Oneindia Entertainment". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2010-02-16. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- "Pancharangi (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- "Sonu releases Pancharangi audio". sify.com. 16 August 2010. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- Pancharangi Movie Review
- Pancharangi is a good family entertainer
- Pirated DVDs dampen Pancharangi success
- Pancharangi at the Internet Movie Database
- "Pancharangi is all about Life Istene," says Yogaraj Bhat Oneindia
- Sonu Nigam, Puneet unveil Pancharangi audio
- Online Media Partners of Pancharangi