|Net worth||US $ 2.1 billion (est.)
Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel (born 1951) is the current Chairman and Managing Director of Cadila Healthcare, the fifth largest pharmaceutical company in India. Patel was tied for 26th place on Forbes Magazine's first annual list of the 40 richest Indians (2004) with an estimated net worth of $510 million. Patel was named the "Best Pharma Man of the year 2003" by the Foundation of Indian Industry and Economists in recognition of the growth of Cadila under his leadership. At that time, Patel predicted that Zydus Cadila would become the third-largest pharmaceutical company in India by 2005; however, the company's fortunes were reversed and Patel fell out of the list of richest Indians by 2005.
Patel holds Bachelor of Pharmacy and Master of Pharmacy degrees from Gujarat University, as well as a BA in Science and Law from the University of Mumbai. He is married to Priti Patel, a daughter of Dr B D Patel. The couple have two children, Dr Sharvil and Shivani. His son Dr Sharvil Patel is Deputy Managing Director of Cadila Healthcare Ltd and married to Meha. Pankaj Patel's daughter Shivani is married to Pranav D Patel, a son of Dushyant D Patel.
In August 2012, Patel purchased a Challenger-604 jet, which costs between $10 million (Rs50 crore) and $14 million (Rs80 crore).
- "Forbes World's Billionaires-Pankaj Patel". Forbes. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Forbes.com: India's Richest". www.forbes.com. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "The Hindu : Business / Briefly : Award for Zydus Cadila chief". www.hindu.com. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- Mathew, Vinod (2003-02-03). "The Hindu Business Line : `We aim at third position with Rs 1,400-cr turnover by 2005' — Mr Pankaj R. Patel, Chairman, Zydus Cadila". www.thehindubusinessline.com. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "ZoomInfo Cached Page". cache.zoominfo.com. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Pankaj R. Patel M. Pharm". Businessweek. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Zydus Group boss Pankaj Patel 2nd A'bad businessman to buy a jet". DNA India. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|