Location of Payakumbuh in Indonesia
|• Total||80.43 km2 (31.05 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
|Area code(s)||+62 752|
Payakumbuh is a city north-east of Bukittinggi (West Sumatra), Indonesia. It has an area of 80.43 km² and a population of about 123,000 people in 2014. Literally translated, the city name means "grassy swamp".
Payakumbuh is known for flying duck races and foods like gelamai, a sweet coconut palm sugared snack. Transport options within the city include bendi, a form of horse-cart. Payakumbuh produces a wide range of agriculture products including rice, milk, cattle and palm sugar.
Payakumbuh City is divided into five districts (kecamatan):
- Payakumbuh Barat (West Payakumbuh)
- Payakumbah Selatan (South Payakumbuh)
- Payakumbuh Timur (East Payakumbuh)
- Payakumbuh Utara (North Payakumbuh)
- Payakumbuh Lamposi Tigo Nagori
- (Indonesian) Official website
|This West Sumatra location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|