Pitt Street Mall
Pitt Street Mall is the pedestrianised section of Pitt Street in the Sydney central business district, Australia. Located between Market Street and King Street, it is one block long and is one of Australia's busiest and most cosmopolitan shopping precincts. Floorspace rents are accordingly the highest in Australia, in part due to other cities' shopping precincts being longer. In 2012, its rents were the fifth highest in the world in terms of city streets.
Along with these extensive upgrades to shopping centres, the mall itself recently saw a A$10 million refurbishment carried out. This included the provision of new seating as well as new pavers and a catenary lighting system (which will be installed in the coming months).
Buildings, shops and tenants
In 2005, Westfield took over management of the majority of retail space in the mall through their acquisition of Sydney Central Plaza, Imperial Arcade, and management rights on Skygarden. Westfield promptly amalgamated the four properties into Westfield Sydney.
Stage one of Westfield Sydney opened on Thursday October 28, 2010, with over 130 flagship fashion, food, and lifestyle stores.
Stage two opened in 2011, with Westfield Sydney, including the former Sydney Central Plaza, host over 330 flagship fashion, food, and lifestyle stores across nine floors.
Flagship stores with frontages to Pitt Street Mall include:
- Esprit, a 3-storey 1,412-sq-m flagship
- Guess, a 2-storey, 576-sq-m flagship
- Sportsgirl, a 488-sq-m flagship
- Tag Heuer
- Miu Miu
- Nespresso, a 2-storey, 300-sq-m flagship
- Zara, a 3-storey, 1,400-sq-m
The Mid City Centre has also benefited from recent upgrades. Flagship stores within the Mid City Centre with frontages to the Pitt Street Mall include:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Pitt Street Mall.|
- "A whole new mall game". Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. 5 May 2011.
- Jacob, Phil (18 November 2012). "Pitt Street mall is the world's fifth most expensive shopping retail venue". The Daily Telegraph.
- Silva-Jelly (22 November 2012). "Natasha". Sydney Mornign Herald. Fairfax Media.
- "Pitt Street Mall - Unofficial website (About Us)"
- "Lights to enliven Pitt Street Mall". The Sydney Morning Herald. April 30, 2009.
- Westfield Sydney
- Property Portfolio at Westfield Sydney
- Esprit at Westfield Sydney
- Guess at Westfield Sydney
- Westfield Sydney
- Zara at Westfield Sydney