Pleasant Hill / Contra Costa Centre (BART station)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)|
Contra Costa Centre
The front entrance of the Pleasant Hill BART Station
|Address||1365 Treat Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
|Parking||3011 spaces- Monthly Reserved, Daily ($1/day), Extended Weekend (free), Midday (free after 3pm), Carpool, Long Term, Professional Assisted Parking|
|Bicycle facilities||90 Lockers|
|Opened||May 21, 1973|
|Passengers (FY 2010)||5,782 exits/day 4.92%|
Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre is a Bay Area Rapid Transit station serving the Contra Costa Centre Transit Village in Contra Costa Centre, California, just north of Walnut Creek and just east of Pleasant Hill.
The station consists of two elevated side platforms.
Service at this station began on May 21, 1973.
A new parking garage opened at the station with 1,547 space on June 30, 2008. The purpose is to move parking to a vertical platform from the ground level areas where a transit village will be built.
An improved access path to the station better connecting it with the Iron Horse Regional Trail was proposed before the Walnut Creek City Council on July 15, 2008. The proposal has gained support from BART and the local cycling organization.
Despite opposition from the Pleasant Hill City Council, the BART Board of Directors recently [when?] approved the station name change from "Pleasant Hill" to "Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre" because of the station's proximity to the transit village. The Contra Costa County Redevelopment Agency and AvalonBay Communities will cover the cost of changing the station signage as part of a planned $3 million upgrade.
Transit connections 
Several local area County Connection service bus lines stop at the station:
- Weekdays only:
- Weekends only:
This is in addition to connecting service from neighboring areas with their own bus coverage including: Fairfield/Suisun Transit Route 40 from Solano County, Vallejo Transit Route 78 from Vallejo and Benicia, and WHEELS Express Route 70X from southeastern Alameda County.
See also 
- "BART Fiscal Year Weekday Average Exits". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 28 July 2010.
- BART History
- Bay Area Rapid Transit District Biography, BART.gov, retrieved January 23, 2008
- New Garage at Pleasant Hill Station, BART News, June 20, 2008, access date August 18, 2008
- Pleasant Hill BART Station bike/pedestrian shortcut considered, BART News, July 8, 2008, accessed August 18, 2008
- "Pleasant Hill BART station now 'Pleasant Hill/Contra Costa Centre'". Trading Markets.com via Contra Costa Times. Retrieved 23 December 2010.
- "East Contra Costa BART Extension (eBART)". Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Retrieved 24 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Pleasant Hill BART station|
- BART - Pleasant Hill Station Overview
- CCReach - Pleasant Hill BART Overview
- The Pleasant Hill BART Station Design Charrette
- Virtual Tour of the Transit Village Construction Site