Power Rangers Mystic Force
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2009)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (July 2011)|
|Power Rangers Mystic Force|
|Directed by||John Laing
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||32 (List of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Bruce Kalish
|Location(s)||Wellington and Auckland, New Zealand|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||BVS Entertainment
Renaissance Atlantic Entertainment
Toei Company, Ltd.
Ranger Productions, Ltd.
|Original channel||Toon Disney (Jetix)
ABC Family (Jetix) (reruns)
ABC (ABC Kids) (reruns)
|Original run||February 20, 2006– November 13, 2006|
|Preceded by||Power Rangers S.P.D.|
|Followed by||Power Rangers Operation Overdrive|
Power Rangers Mystic Force is an American television series and the fourteenth season of the Power Rangers franchise, based on the Super Sentai series, Mahou Sentai Magiranger. As with all Power Rangers series, the show is adapted from a series in the long-running Japanese tokusatsu franchise.
The series officially premiered on February 20, 2006 on Toon Disney/Jetix, February 25, 2006 on ABC Family, March 11, 2006 on ABC as part of the ABC Kids programming block, on June 4, 2006 on Family in Canada, on October 2, 2006 on Jetix in India, October 21, 2006 on Jetix in the United Kingdom. The show was also broadcast on Sunday morning on ITV1 and the CITV Channel under the GMTV Toonattik slot in early 2007. In the Philippines it premiered on October 6, 2007 in Cartoon Network's Toonami slot.
Power Rangers Mystic Force is the first and only Disney-produced Power Rangers series to feature the main villain in its Super Sentai counterpart, and is the first of the Disney-produced Power Rangers series in which all the actors playing the five core Rangers are of Australian or New Zealander descent (the casts of the three Disney-produced Power Rangers series prior to Mystic Force had at least one Ranger actor of North American descent). It is also the only Power Rangers series in which the Rangers wear capes. This is the second Disney series that does not have a teamup with the previous season's rangers. The first was Power Rangers Ninja Storm. In Mystic Force's case, the missing crossover would have been with Power Rangers S.P.D. However, a character from that series, Piggy cameoed in the episode "Ranger Down".
Twenty years ago, in a magic-filled dimension parallel world to our own, the forces of darkness came into power and a war called the "Great Battle" between good and evil began. An army of the monsters, led by a powerful warrior named Morticon, swarmed into the land with their sights set on taking over the magical realm, the human realm and beyond, but they would have to combat a legion of brave and powerful wizards. The Mystics battled valiantly against overwhelming odds until they drove the evil back from the edge of the human world. The strongest wizard of all, Leanbow, cast a spell and sent the evil warriors into the Underworld, having the Gatekeeper seal the gates for all eternity. The forces of truth successfully thwarted the dark forces' attempt to take the surface world, but they lost Leanbow, as he made sure the evil forces did not escape by sealing himself on their side of the Gate. The human world would never know of the Great Battle, nor of the sacrifices made to spare their lives from destruction. Even to this day they live in peace and tranquility, totally unaware of what is about to awaken.
The city of Briarwood was struck by an earthquake, which was just enough to crack the seal, allowing evil to renew its attempt to invade the earth. The sorceress Udonna, realizing that the forces of evil had returned, sought out the warriors of legend, five teens living in Briarwood, to become the Power Rangers alongside her. While one of the teens was reluctant at first, he realized his destiny and joined the others in the fight against the Master of the Underworld and his numerous minions.
When Udonna loses her Ranger powers to the mysterious Koragg, it is up to Nick, Chip, Xander and sisters Madison and Vida, to save the Earth on their own. They are assisted by Udonna's bumbling apprentice Clare, and eventually Jenji the Genie and his master Daggeron, the Solaris Knight.
Using their powerful magic and incredible martial arts skills, the Mystic Force Power Rangers must rely on teamwork to save the day.
- Firass Dirani as Nick Russell, the Red Mystic Ranger
- Angie Diaz as Vida "V" Rocca, the Pink Mystic Ranger
- Richard Brancatisano as Xander Bly, the Green Mystic Ranger
- Melanie Vallejo as Madison "Maddie" Rocca, the Blue Mystic Ranger
- Nic Sampson as Charlie "Chip" Thorn, the Yellow Mystic Ranger
- John Tui as Daggeron, the Solaris Knight
- Peta Rutter as Udonna, the White Mystic Ranger
- Chris Graham as Leanbow, the Crimson Wolf Warrior
- Antonia Prebble as Clare, the Gatekeeper
- Oliver Driver as the voice of Jenji
- Barnie Duncan as Toby Slambrook
- Kelson Henderson as Phineas
- Paolo Rotondo as the voice of the Snow Prince
- Holly Shanahan as Leelee Pimvare
- Andrew Robertt as the voice of Morticon
- Stuart Devenie as the voice of Imperious
- Geoff Dolan as the voice of Koragg
- Donogh Rees as the voice of Necrolai
- Brigitte Berger as Nikki Pimvare
- John Leigh as Octomus
- Greg Smith as the voice of Magma
- Andrew Laing as the voice of Oculous
- Sally Stockwell as the voice of Serpentina
- Dallas Barnett as the voice of Megahorn
- Charlie McDermott as the voice of Hekatoid
- Mark Ferguson as the voice of Gekkor
- Cameron Rhodes as the voice of Matoombo
- Josephine Davison as the voice of Itassis
- Derek Judge as the voice of Black Lance
- Peter Daube as the voice of Sculpin
- Note: Jetix (and kids programming in general) was dropped on ABC Family in September 2006, so only part of the season reran on that channel.