Qseven, a computer-on-module (COM) form factor, is small sized and highly integrated computer module that can be used in a design application much like an integrated circuit component. It's smaller than other computer-on-module standards such as COM Express, ETX or XTX and is limited to very low power consuming CPUs. The maximum power consumption should be no more than 12 watt.
- 4× PCI Express ×1 Lanes
- 2× SATA
- 8× USB 2.0
- 1× 1000BaseT Ethernet
- 1× SDIO 8-bit
- LVDS 2× 24-bit
- SDVO / HDMI / DisplayPort (shared)
- HDA (High Definition Audio)
- I²C Bus
- LPC (Low Pin Count Bus)
- CAN bus (Controller–area network)
- SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface Bus)
70 mm × 70 mm
Qseven uses one 230 pin MXM2 SMT edge connector to connect all power and signal lanes to the carrier board. This connector is available from multiple vendors at different heights (5.5 mm and 7.8 mm).
The Qseven specification is hosted by the independent Qseven consortium. It's freely available at the consortiums website. The current revision 1.20 was released September 10, 2010.
The Qseven design guide provides information for designing a custom system carrier board for Qseven modules. It includes reference schematics for the external circuitry required to implement various peripheral functions. It also explains how to extend the supported buses and how to add additional peripherals and expansion slots to a Qseven based system. It's available from the Qseven consortium webpage.
- Qseven consortium website
- List of Qseven member companies
- EETimes Design Article: Making the transition to the new Qseven Computer-On-Module standard
- Embedded Intel Solutions: Is America Ready for Qseven?
- RTC Magazine: Atom-Based Qseven Module Addresses the Portable Device Market
- Trizeps SODIMM Standard as defined by Keith&Koep, Germany
- CIP - by tinayeit, That provide series of 40x40x3.5mm Size, Weight about 10g, the smallest and lightest Computer-In-Package in the World!
- CIP30x - by Tinaye, TI 720MHz AM335x based cost effective Applicattiion Processor,LQA188, 40x40x3.5mm
- CIP31x - by Tinaye,TI 600/800/1G DM3730/OMAP3530/AM3715 based cost effective Application Processor,LQA242, 40x40x3.5mm
- CIP41x - by Tinaye,TI 1G/1.2G/1.5G OMAP4430/4460/4470 based Dual Core Contetex-A9 Powerful Computer In Package,LQA242, 40x40x3.5mm
- SOM - by TECHOR.COM of China, series of 40x40x4mm Size, Weight about 10g, the smallest and lightest System-on-Module in the World!
- SOM2416 - by TECHOR.COM of China, Samsung 400MHz ARM926EJ-S based cost effective Application Processor,120pin out, 40x40x3.5mm
- SOM6410 - by TECHOR.COM of China,Samsung 667Hz ARM1176JFZ-S based cost effective Application Processor,120pin out,40x40x3.5mm
- SOM3530 - by TECHOR.COM of China, TI 600MHz CORETEX-A8 + 430MHz TMS320C64x+ dual core SOC/AP,120pin out, 40x40x3.5mm
- Mini8100 - by Timll of China, TI 600MHz CORETEX-A8 + 430MHz TMS320DM64x+ dual core,67 mm * 37 mm
- Mini8100 by Embest, TI OMAP3530 ARM Cortex-A8, 67mm*37mm
- Mini6045 by Embest, Atmel SAM9G45, 82mm*67mm
- Mini6245 by Embest, Atmel SAM9G45 ARM926EJ-S, 70mm*49.9mm
- Mini6300 by Embest, Atmel SAM9263 ARM926EJ-S, 52mm*52mm
- Mini9261-I by Embest, Atmel SAM9261S ARM926EJ-S, 67.6mm*47mm
- Mini3250 by Embest, NXP LPC3250 ARM926EJ-S, 75mm*55mm
- MYC-AM335X by MYIR, TI AM335x (AM3352/3354/3356/3357/3358/3359) ARM Cortex-A8, 50mm*70mm
- MYC-IMX28X by MYIR, Freescale i.MX28 (i.MX283/287) ARM926EJ-S, 62mm*38mm
- MYC-SAMA5D3X by MYIR, Atmel SAMA5D3 (SAMA5D31/33/34/35/36) ARM Cortex-A5, 45mm*67.6mm
- MYC-SAM9X5 by MYIR, Atmel SAM9X5 (SAM9G15/G25/G35/X25/X35) ARM926EJ-S, 35mm*67.6mm
- MYC-SAM9X5-V2 by MYIR, Atmel SAM9X5 (SAM9G15/G25/G35/X25/X35) ARM926EJ-S, 35mm*67.6mm
- VAR-SOM-OM54 by Variscite, TI OMAP 5 (OMAP5432)
- VAR-SOM-OM44 by Variscite, TI OMAP 4 (OMAP4460)
- VAR-SOM-MX6 by Variscite, Freescale iMX6 Quad,Dual,Single core
- VAR-SOM-AM33 by Variscite, TI Sitara AM335x (AM3354, AM3352)
- CSB7xx - by Cogent Computer Systems, Inc. of USA
- CM-XXX - by CompuLab of Italia
- Colibri PXA270 by Toradex of Switzerland, Marvell PXA270, 67.6 x 36.7mm
- Colibri PXA3xx by Toradex of Switzerland, Marvell PXA320, PXA310, PXA300, 67.6 x 36.7mm
- Colibri VF50 by Toradex of Switzerland, Freescale VF 50, 67.6 x 36.7mm
- Colibri VF61 by Toradex of Switzerland, Freescale VF 61, 67.6 x 36.7mm
- Colibri iMX6 by Toradex of Switzerland, Freescale i.MX 6, 67.6 x 36.7mm
- Colibri Tegra by Toradex of Switzerland, Nvidia Tegra 2, Tegra 3, 67.6 x 36.7mm
- Apalis T30 by Toradex of Switzerland, Nvidia Tegra 3, 82.0 x 45.0mm
- Apalis iMX6 by Toradex of Switzerland, Freescale i.MX 6, 82.0 x 45.0mm
- eSOM3730 - by e-con Systems, Inc. of USA,ARM Cortex A8 DM3730/AM3703, 55 x 35 mm
- eSOM300 by e-con Systems, Inc. of USA,XScale®/ARM PXA300 application processor, 67.6mm x 41mm
- eSOM270 by e-con Systems, Inc. of USA,XScale®/ARM PXA270 application processor, 67.5 x 31 x 4 mm
- OMAPMOD by Magniel Inc., TI OMAP3503 / OMAP3530 CORTEX A8, 67mm x 44mm, stand-alone system in a 144-pin SO-DIMM format.