Quebecor Media

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Québecor Media Inc.
Subsidiary of public company
Industry Diversified media and broadcasting
Founded 2000
Headquarters Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Key people
Pierre Dion, President and CEO
Pierre Karl Péladeau, former President and CEO
Products Cable television
Services Broadcasting
Film production
Parent Quebecor Inc.
CDP Capital d’Amérique Investissements Inc.
Divisions Osprey Media
Sun Media
TVA Group

Québecor Media Inc. is a Canadian media company. Québecor Inc. owns the controlling interest with 75.4% while CDP Capital d’Amérique Investissements Inc. (a subsidiary of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, the provincial pension fund) owns the remaining 24.6%.[1]


  • Sun Media (newspapers) (includes the former Osprey Media) (sale to Postmedia announced October 6, 2014)[2]
  • TVA Group (broadcasting, publishing & production)
  • Vidéotron (cable television and internet service provider)
  • Canoe Inc. (internet websites including portal and
  • MediaPages (print and online directories)
  • TVA Publishing Inc. (largest magazine publishing company in Quebec)
  • Quebecor Media Book Group (book publishing companies)
  • Archambault stores (books, music and video)
  • Distribution Select (distributor of CDs and videos)
  • Le SuperClub Vidéotron (Movie rental stores)
  • Gestion Studios Bloobuzz S. E. C (a video games publisher)

Corporate governance[edit]

Board of directors:[3]

  • Françoise Bertrand, Chairman
  • André Delisle
  • Jean La Couture
  • A. Michel Lavigne
  • Samuel Minzberg
  • Brian Mulroney, Vice-Chairman
  • Robert Dépatie —President, CEO and President and CEO of Quebecor Inc., Sun Media Corporation
  • Normand Provost

See also[edit]


  1. ^ "Press Release". Retrieved 2012-10-03. 
  2. ^ "Postmedia buys Sun Media’s English titles for $316-million — including flagship Toronto Sun". National Post. October 6, 2014. Retrieved October 6, 2014. 
  3. ^ Board of Directors of Quebecor and Quebecor Media Inc. Quebecor. Retrieved on 2014-04-25.

External links[edit]