Cabella in 2012
|Full name||Rémy Cabella|
|Date of birth||8 March 1990|
|Place of birth||Ajaccio, France|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2010–2011||→ Arles-Avignon (loan)||17||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:23, 22 March 2015 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Rémy Cabella (born 8 March 1990) is a French professional footballer who plays for Newcastle United in the Premier League. He plays as an attacking midfielder and has been described as a fast, agile and creative midfielder who can play on the wing or behind a striker.
Early life and career
Cabella was born to an Italian father and a Corsican mother. He started his youth career at local club Gazélec Ajaccio before joining Montpellier's academy at the age of 14 and winning the 2009 Coupe Gambardella with their under-19 team.
Cabella signed a three-year professional contract with Montpellier in July 2009. He injured the cruciate ligament in his right knee during training in September and was ruled out for the season.
Cabella signed a two-year extension to his contract in January 2012, which would keep him at the club til 2016. In a 1–0 win over Brest on 4 February 2012, Cabella struck a volley from a cross that struck the back of his teammate Geoffrey Dernis and went into the opposition's net for a goal. Cabella was credited with the assist.  On 11 February 2012 in a 3–0 victory over Ajaccio, Cabella scored with a right-footed shot across Ajaccio's keeper after being put away by Olivier Giroud.  On 20 May 2012, he won the Ligue 1 title for Montpellier HSC over PSG, for the first time in the club's history.
In May 2014, Cabella announced his intention to leave the club in the summer.
On 13 July 2014, Cabella signed for Newcastle United on a six-year deal. He made his competitive debut on 17 August as Newcastle began the season with a 2–0 defeat at home to Manchester City, playing the full 90 minutes. Cabella's first Newcastle goal came on 31 January 2015, opening a 3–0 win away at Hull City. Cabella was subsequently awarded player of the month for January by Newcastle fans.
Cabella was named on the stand-by list for France's 2014 World Cup squad. He made his international debut coming on as an 80th-minute substitute for Yohan Cabaye in a 4–0 friendly match win over Norway on 27 May 2014. On 6 June, Cabella replaced Clement Grenier who withdrew from the World Cup squad through injury. The team reached the quarter-finals, although Cabella did not enter the field of play.
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Europe||Total|
|Arles-Avignon (loan)||2010–11||Ligue 1||17||3||1||0||0||0||—||18||3|
|Newcastle United||2014–15||Premier League||25||1||1||0||2||0||—||28||1|
- Appearances in UEFA Champions League.
- As of 14 October 2014
|France national team|
- "Barclays Premier League: notification of shirt numbers" (PDF). Premier League. p. 14. Retrieved 16 August 2014.
- "Rémy Cabella profile". Ligue 1.
- Osborn, Simon (14 October 2013). "Who is Remy Cabella? Lowdown on the Manchester United target". Metro.
- "Remy CABELLA profile". FIFA. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- Eastham, James. "Remy Cabella: 'Newcastle were interested in January - the Premier League is fantastic'". FourFourTwo. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Ligue 118:00 +00:00, February 4, 2012Stade de la Mosson (2012-02-04). "Gamecast: Montpellier v Brest - French Ligue 1 - ESPN FC". Soccernet.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- Ligue 114:00 +00:00, February 11, 2012Stade de la Mosson (2012-02-11). "Gamecast: Montpellier v AC Ajaccio - French Ligue 1 - ESPN FC". Soccernet.espn.go.com. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Transfer news: Remy Cabella boost for Newcastle United". Sky Sports. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Marshall, Anthony (13 July 2014). "United Complete Cabella Capture". Newcastle United F.C. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Chowdhury, Saj (17 August 2014). "Newcastle 0-2 Man City". BBC Sport. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
- Dawkes, Phil (31 January 2015). "Hull 0-3 Newcastle". BBC Sport. Retrieved 9 February 2015.
- "Cabella Wins Player Of The Month Prize". NUFC. 19 February 2015. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Samir Nasri misses out on France squad". ESPN FC. 13 May 2014.
- "Giroud bags brace in stroll". ESPN FC. 27 May 2014.
- Holyman, Ian. "Injured Grenier out of World Cup". ESPN FC. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Rémy Cabella profile at Soccerway
- Rémy Cabella at National-Football-Teams.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rémy Cabella.|