Risky Business is a soundtrack album by the German band Tangerine Dream for the 1983 film, starring Tom Cruise. It includes songs by Bob Seger, Muddy Waters, Jeff Beck, Prince, Journey and Phil Collins. The Tangerine Dream songs were chiefly previously released compositions, shortened and retitled to correspond to scenes in the movie. The other songs on the soundtrack, with the exception of "Old Time Rock and Roll" and "In the Air Tonight," are shortened versions as well.
Although the film included "Every Breath You Take" by The Police, "Hungry Heart" by Bruce Springsteen, and "Swamp" by Talking Heads (which includes the lyric "risky business"), these have never been released with the soundtrack.
All Tangerine Dream tracks written by Edgar Froese, Christopher Franke and Johannes Schmoelling.
- Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band: "Old Time Rock and Roll" (Thomas E. Jones III, George Jackson, Bob Seger) – 3:16
- Tangerine Dream: "The Dream Is Always the Same" – 2:20 (LP) 3:42 (CD)
- Tangerine Dream: "No Future (Get off the Babysitter)" – 2:00
- Tangerine Dream: "Guido the Killer Pimp" – 4:18
- Tangerine Dream: "Lana – 3:51
- Muddy Waters: "Mannish Boy (I'm a Man)" (edit) (McKinley Morganfield, Mel London, Ellas McDaniel) – 4:02
- Jeff Beck: "The Pump" (edit) (Tony Hymas, Simon Phillips)" – 5:44
- Prince: "D.M.S.R." (edit) (Prince) – 5:05
- Journey: "After the Fall" (edit) (Steve Perry, Jonathan Cain) – 4:20
- Phil Collins: "In the Air Tonight" (LP version) (Phil Collins)– 5:26
- Tangerine Dream: "Love on a Real Train (Risky Business)" – 2:15 (LP) 3:58 (CD)
Audio Movie Kit
Risky Business - The Audio Movie Kit was released to radio stations to promote the film. The kit was two LPs with trailers, interviews and eight music clips.