Robert Turbin carries against the Jacksonville Jaguars
No. 22 Seattle Seahawks
|Date of birth:December 2, 1989|
|Place of birth: Oakland, California|
|High school: Fremont (CA) Irvington|
|College: Utah State|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 106|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Seattle Seahawks|
|Roster status: Active|
Career highlights and awards
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
Robert James Turbin (born December 2, 2008) is an American football running back and Tightend for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football for the Utah State Aggies.
Turbin played high school football at Irvington High School in Fremont, California. He was named first-team all-league running back as well as an all-league defensive back as a senior, and earned the league Defensive Player of the Year award. He rushed 143 times for 1,232 yards and 14 touchdowns and had nine receptions for 103 yards, and defensively, he recorded six interceptions. He was also a two-year letterwinner in basketball as well as track & field.
Robert enrolled at Utah State University and played for the Aggies football team since 2007. As a redshirt sophomore in 2009, he gained 1,296 rushing yards and 418 receiving yards and scored 18 touchdowns. In the annual rivalry game against the Utah Utes, Turbin set a school record with a 96-yard touchdown run. He missed the 2010 season due to a knee injury, but he returned in 2011 as the Aggies' lead running back. In the first half of the 2011 season, Turbin ran for at least 100 yards in five of six games. Turbin's 1,517 rushing yards during the 2011 season ranked 10th among NCAA Division I FBS players. His average of 6.1 yards per carry tied him with Dominique Sherrer and Ed Wesley for 25th for the season.
2012 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 6 in||250 lb||4.28 s||1.57 s||2.57 s||4.31 s||7.16 s||50 in||10 ft 2 in||28 reps|
|All values from Central Florida Pro Day.|
2012 NFL Draft
2012 NFL Season
Playing as a backup to Marshawn Lynch, Turbin ran for 354 yards on 81 carries in his rookie season. In week 14 against the Arizona Cardinals, Turbin got a significant number of carries in the second half thanks to a blowout, and would have his first career NFL 100 yard game, getting 108 yards on 20 carries in a 58-0 victory. 
2013 NFL Season
Again serving as a backup to Marshawn Lynch, Turbin got fewer touches in 2014, ending up with 77 carries and 264 rushing yards and 8 receptions for 60 yards. Turbin obtained his first super bowl ring in Super Bowl XLVIII, recording 9 carries for 25 yards in the game during the 43-8 victory. 
2014 NFL Season
Still the second-string running back, Turbin scored his first NFL touchdown in Week 2 against the San Diego Chargers, catching a three-yard touchdown pass in the loss. He would score a second in week 13 against the San Francisco 49ers on a 13-yard catch-and-run. He would add a 34-yard catch later in the game, a 19-3 victory. In week 17 against the St. Louis Rams, Turbin got 11 carries for 53 yards and caught a pass for 13 yards. He ended the season with 74 carries for 310 yards, along with 16 receptions for 186 yards. The Seahawks finished the season 12-4 and advanced to the Super Bowl for the second straight year. In Super Bowl XLIX, Turbin had 2 carries for 21 yards, but the Seahawks lost 28-24 to the New England Patriots as they failed to repeat as champions.
- "Utah State football: Aggie on the rise – Robert Turbin". Deseret News. August 30, 2009.
- Tony Jones (August 17, 2011). "USU Football: You will never guess who Robert Turbin's childhood hero is". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Kraig Williams (August 27, 2011). "Five questions with Utah State running back Robert Turbin". Deseret News.
- Gordon Monson (September 27, 2011). "Utah State’s Robert Turbin overcomes turmoil to succeed". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Dana Greene (August 10, 2011). "Robert Turbin ready to power Aggies". abc4.com.
- "Robert Turbin statistics". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Utah-Utah State Recap". CNN. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Robert Turbin Bio". Utah State University. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Doug Hoffman (August 31, 2011). "Utah State football: Robert Turbin marking off calendar, counting down days to return". Deseret News.
- "Rushing Yards Leaders – All Players". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Yards Per Rush Attempt Leaders – Qualified". ESPN.com. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- O'Neil, Danny (April 28, 2012). "Seahawks, 4th round: RB Robert Turbin, Utah State". The Seattle Times.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Utah State profile
- Seattle Seahawks profile