Robert Turbin carries against the Jacksonville Jaguars
No. 22 Seattle Seahawks
|Date of birth:December 2, 1989|
|Place of birth: Oakland, California|
|High school: Fremont (CA) Irvington|
|College: Utah State|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 106|
|Debuted in 2012 for the Seattle Seahawks|
|Roster status: Active|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 7, 2013
Robert Turbin (born December 2, 1989) is an American football runningback for the Seattle Seahawks of the NFL. He was drafted in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft. He played college football for the Utah State Aggies.
Turbin played high school football at Irvington High School in Fremont, California. He was named first-team all-league running back as well as an all-league defensive back as a senior, and earned the league Defensive Player of the Year award. He rushed 143 times for 1,232 yards and 14 touchdowns and had nine receptions for 103 yards, and defensively, he recorded six interceptions. He was also a two-year letterwinner in basketball as well as track & field.
Robert enrolled at Utah State University and has played for the Aggies football team since 2007. As a redshirt sophomore in 2009, he gained 1,296 rushing yards and 418 receiving yards and scored 18 touchdowns. In the annual rivalry game against the Utah Utes, Turbin set a school record with a 96-yard touchdown run. He missed the 2010 season due to a knee injury, but he returned in 2011 as the Aggies' lead running back. In the first half of the 2011 season, Turbin ran for at least 100 yards in five of six games. Turbin's 1,517 rushing yards during the 2011 season ranked 10th among NCAA Division I FBS players. His average of 6.1 yards per carry tied him with Dominique Sherrer and Ed Wesley for 25th for the season.
2012 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 10 in||222 lb||4.42 s||1.57 s||2.57 s||4.31 s||7.16 s||36 in||10 ft 2 in||28 reps|
|All values from Central Florida Pro Day.|
2012 NFL Draft
On April 28, 2012, Turbin was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks with the eleventh pick of the fourth round (106th overall) in the 2012 NFL Draft. Playing as a backup to Marshawn Lynch, Turbin ran for 354 yards on 81 carries in his rookie season.
- "Utah State football: Aggie on the rise – Robert Turbin". Deseret News. August 30, 2009.
- Tony Jones (Augsut 17, 2011). "USU Football: You will never guess who Robert Turbin's childhood hero is". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Kraig Williams (August 27, 2011). "Five questions with Utah State running back Robert Turbin". Deseret News.
- Gordon Monson (September 27, 2011). "Utah State’s Robert Turbin overcomes turmoil to succeed". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Dana Greene (August 10, 2011). "Robert Turbin ready to power Aggies". abc4.com.
- "Robert Turbin statistics". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Utah-Utah State Recap". CNN. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- "Robert Turbin Bio". Utah State University. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Doug Hoffman (August 31, 2011). "Utah State football: Robert Turbin marking off calendar, counting down days to return". Deseret News.
- "Rushing Yards Leaders – All Players". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Yards Per Rush Attempt Leaders – Qualified". ESPN.com. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- O'Neil, Danny (April 28, 2012). "Seahawks, 4th round: RB Robert Turbin, Utah State". The Seattle Times.
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • Pro-Football-Reference
- Utah State profile
- Seattle Seahawks profile