Robert Vogel (marksman)
Robert Vogel is a professional marksman, competition shooter, and National/World champion. He is the only Law Enforcement Officer ever to win World and National Championships in the Practical Pistol Disciplines of IPSC and USPSA.
Robert was born and raised on a farm in rural Saint Marys, Ohio where he learned early the value of hard work and discipline. From a very young age shooting, hunting and the outdoors truly became a way of life for him. Always being somewhat of a thrill-seeker, while in his mid-teens the Law Enforcement profession sparked his interest. After graduating high school in 2000 he went immediately into a 2 year Police Academy Program. It was also at this time that he began actually competing in Practical shooting competitions. At present Robert is now a 2-time World and 17-time National Champion across 3 disciplines of Practical/Combat shooting. Besides this he has also been a Police Officer for over 10 years. Eight and a half of those years were spent as a full-time street cop while also being a member of the Counties joint department SWAT team. During that tenure he was as well one of the Departments and SWAT teams firearms instructors.
Vogel won the USPSA National Championship in the Production Division two years in a row (2008 and 2009). In 2011, he won the Limited-10 Division. He has also won two world championships in Production and Stock-Pistol Division. He is currently ranked as a Grand Master in four USPSA Divisions, and as a Distinguished Master in four IDPA Divisions.
- IPSC World Champion (Production)
- IDPA World Champion (Stock Pistol)
- 4x USPSA National Champion (Production & Limited 10)
- 6x IDPA National Champion (Stock, Enhanced, Custom)
- 6x IDPA Indoor National Champion (Stock & Enhanced)
- IPSC National Champion (Production)
- 3x Pro-Am Professional Champion (Limited & Open)
- 3x IDPA Carolina Cup Champion
- 6x USPSA Area Champion (Areas 5,6,8)
- 11x Indiana State Champion (USPSA & IDPA)
- 7x Ohio State Champion (USPSA & IDPA)
- 7x Michigan State Champion (USPSA & IDPA)
- 7x IDPA Great Lakes Regional Champion