Ramirez performing with Sublime with Rome in 2010
|Birth name||Roman Rene Ramirez|
|Also known as||Rome|
June 11, 1988 |
Fremont, California, United States
|Genres||Ska punk, Reggae rock, dub, reggae, hip hop|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, producer, song writer|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, Piano|
|Associated acts||Sublime with Rome, The Dirty Heads|
Roman René Ramírez (born June 11, 1988 in Fremont, California), better known as Rome Ramirez or simply Rome, is an American singer and guitarist best known for playing with Eric Wilson from Sublime and Josh Freese from The Vandals in the band Sublime with Rome. The lineup initially featured original Sublime drummer Bud Gaugh before his departure in 2011. Despite participation by Gaugh and Wilson, the family of deceased Sublime member Bradley Nowell legally challenged the use of the Sublime name by the surviving members. Nowell actually registered the trademark "Sublime" under his own name prior to his death and had sole ownership. The lineup featuring Rome, Wilson and Bud Gaugh released their debut album Yours Truly on July 12, 2011.
Rome co-wrote the song "Lay Me Down" with The Dirty Heads and is featured in the song singing the chorus. It has also been confirmed that Rome has been working extensively with Enrique Iglesias on his 10th studio album.
Ramirez was born and raised in Fremont, California. Both of his parents are of Mexican heritage, his mother being from Guadalajara and his father's parents from Tijuana, but his father relocated the family to Oakland.He first started playing guitar at age 11, and one of the first songs he learned was a Sublime song. He met through Lewis Richards, owner of 17th Street Recording Studio; who subsequently asked him if he wanted to "jam". He collaborated with Eric Wilson of Sublime on video on RAWsession (also at 17th Street Recording Studio) where he played Sublime songs such as "Saw Red" and "Boss DJ", and eventually began to play with the two remaining members. The trio then went on tour together playing covers of original Sublime material. Rome continues to play individually, but the focus remains on Sublime with Rome.
Rome's promotional solo single, "Dedication," was premiered on the Rolling Stone website May 30, 2012. "The song's about loving someone who is struggling with getting their life together and eventually having to move on," says Rome. "It's probably some of the most personal stuff I've put in a song. Sometimes all you need is the right people to pull the best out of you, and that's what I feel happened with the three of us. The right individuals, at the right place and time." His debut solo EP was released on June 12, 2012.
- According to Family Tree Legends, a "Roman Rene Ramirez" was born June 11, 1988 in Alameda County (Oakland). Coincidence? 
- "Rome Ramirez's Official Facebook profile". facebook.com. Retrieved April 6, 2010.
- A 2009 post on a MySpace Blog[dead link] says Rome is 21 years old and is from Northern California.
- The band "Sublime with Rome" suggests he is commonly called Rome.
- Sublime To Reunite For Cypress Hill's Smokeout Fest. Last accessed September 1, 2009.
- Brad Nowell's family none too pleased about Sublime "reunion". Last accessed October 26, 2009.
- A 2009 post on a MySpace Blog[dead link] says is 21 years old and is from Northern California.
- Interview with Rome Ramirez of Sublime with Rome – Latest Nerdy Pop Culture News
- Rome Ramirez Talks About Sublime Reunion | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
- Sublime With Rome Finish New Album | News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com
- Blistein, Jon. "Song Premiere: Rome, 'Dedication'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Reservoired Dog. "Interview with Rome Ramirez of Sublime with Rome", NerdSociety.com April 24, 2010.