Constitutional Assembly elections were held in El Salvador on 17 December 1961. The result was a victory for the National Conciliation Party, which won all 54 seats.
¹ The Union of Democratic Parties was an alliance of the Renovating Action Party, the Christian Democratic Party and the Social Democrat Party.
- Political Handbook of the world, 1961. New York, 1962.
- Elections in the Americas : a data handbook/ ed. by Dieter Nohlen, Vol. 1. [Oxford] [u.a.] : Oxford Univ. Press, 2005.
- Anderson, Thomas P. 1971. Matanza: El Salvador's communist revolt of 1932. Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press.
- Institute for the Comparative Study of Political Systems. 1967. El Salvador election factbook, March 5, 1967. Washington: Institute for the Comparative Study of Political Systems.
- Kantor, Harry. 1969. Patterns of politics and political systems in Latin America. Chicago: Rand McNally & Company.
- McDonald, Ronald H. 1969. "Electoral behavior and political development in El Salvador." Journal of politics 31, 2:397-419 (May 1969).
- Montgomery, Tommie Sue. 1995. Revolution in El Salvador: from civil strife to civil peace. Boulder: Westview.
- Williams, Philip J. and Knut Walter. 1997. Militarization and demilitarization in El Salvador's transition to democracy. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press.