Shy Love attending the AVN Expo Awards, Las Vegas, on January 21, 2012.
November 27, 1978 |
|Other names||Shy Luv|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|No. of adult films||381 as actress,
17 as director
Shy Love, also known as Shy Luv, (born November 27, 1978) is the stage name of a West German-born American pornographic actress, of Sicilian and Puerto Rican descent. She has been active in the porn industry since 2003.
Love was born in Wiesbaden, Germany, where her father, a U.S. Army soldier, was stationed. At age seven, she, her parents, and her five sisters moved to New Haven, Connecticut. According to Love, she graduated from high school at age 16 and then earned a bachelor's degree and two masters She has also stated that she is a certified public accountant.
In a 2007 interview with Gamelink, she said her relationship with her husband was only the third real relationship with a man she had ever had, that theirs was an open relationship, and she likes to play with other women.
Adult film career
Shy Love has established her own talent agency, Adult Talent Managers, and signed Memphis Monroe and Lisa Daniels as contract girls. She has said that her agency's representation of gay men in addition to women is unique in the industry.
She is part-owner of a nightclub in Colorado Springs called 13 Pure; it opened in January 2008. In August 2008, she worked on a controversial bisexual film directed by Chi Chi LaRue entitled Shifting Gears. LaRue coined the term "straight-for-pay" (a play on the porn industry term "gay-for-pay"), to characterize actor Blake Riley's liking his first encounter with a woman (Love).
Shy Love is now currently the owner and founder of Adult Talent Managers (ATMLA), an adult industry agency that was founded in 2006 after she ended her career as an adult performer.
Awards and nominations
- 2005 XRCO Award nominee – Best On-Screen Couple – Janine's Got Male
- 2006 AVN Award nominee – Best Interactive DVD – Shy Love’s Cum Play With Me, Madness Pictures
- 2007 AVN Award nominee – Female Performer of the Year
- 2013 XBIZ Award nominee - 'Director of the Year - Parody' for El Gordo y la Flaca
- 2013 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- Dianne Perry (February 2008). "Shy Love: A Good Girl Gone Bad". Stiletto magazine: 4.
- "INTERVIEW: Shy Love". rogreviews.com. 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- Shy Love at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Rick Ryan. "Interview with Porn Star Shy Love". Qlimax Times Online. Retrieved 2007-07-24.
- Scott Ross (2004-04-30). "Three Direct Modeling Performers Wonder How ET Interview will Turn Out". AVN. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
- "Xtrememagazine". Retrieved December 24, 2009.
- Adult Talent Managers website
- "Shy Love Opens Her New Club In Colorado". adultnewsxxx.com. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- . Cameron Marshall, Blake Riley Go Straight. Retrieved on August 15, 2008.
- "2005 XRCO Winners". XRCO.com. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "2006 AVN Awards nominations". Adult Video News. avnawards.com. Archived from the original on 2005-11-26. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "Adult Video News Nominees 2007". excaliburfilms.com. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- XBIZ Nominees 2013, XBIZ, January, 2013
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shy Love.|