Shy Love attending the AVN Expo Awards, Las Vegas, on January 21, 2012.
November 27, 1978 |
|Other names||Shy Luv|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|No. of adult films||407 as performer,
17 as director
Shy Love, also known as Shy Luv, (born November 27, 1978) is the stage name of an American pornographic actress, of Sicilian and Puerto Rican descent. She has been active in the porn industry since 2003.
Love was born in Wiesbaden, Germany, where her father, a U.S. Army soldier, was stationed. At age seven, she, her parents, and her five sisters moved to New Haven, Connecticut. According to Love, she graduated from high school at age 16 and then earned a bachelor's degree and two masters She has also stated that she is a certified public accountant.
In a 2007 interview with Gamelink, she said her relationship with her husband was only the third real relationship with a man she had ever had, that theirs was an open relationship, and she likes to play with other women.
She is part-owner of a nightclub in Colorado Springs called 13 Pure; it opened in January 2008. In August 2008, she worked on a controversial bisexual film directed by Chi Chi LaRue entitled Shifting Gears. LaRue coined the term "straight-for-pay" (a play on the porn industry term "gay-for-pay"), to characterize actor Blake Riley's liking his first encounter with a woman (Love).
In 2006 Love established her own talent agency, Adult Talent Managers, and signed Memphis Monroe and Lisa Daniels as contract girls. She has said that her agency's representation of gay men in addition to women is unique in the industry. In 2010, Love merged her company with another talent agency, A List Talent, to create a single agency with both adult and mainstream branches. Then in 2013, she sold her interest in the company to her business partner, Mark Schechter.
Awards and nominations
|2006||XRCO Award||Best On-Screen Couple (with Monique Alexander)||Janine's Got Male||Nominated|
|2007||AVN Award||Female Performer of the Year||N/A||Nominated|
|AVN Award||Best Director – Parody||El Gordo Y La Flaca XXX||Nominated|
|XBIZ Award||Director of the Year - Parody||Nominated|
- Dianne Perry (February 2008). "Shy Love: A Good Girl Gone Bad". Stiletto magazine: 4.
- "INTERVIEW: Shy Love". rogreviews.com. 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-03.
- Shy Love at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Rick Ryan. "Interview with Porn Star Shy Love". Qlimax Times Online. Retrieved 2007-07-24.
- Scott Ross (2004-04-30). "Three Direct Modeling Performers Wonder How ET Interview will Turn Out". AVN. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
- "Xtrememagazine". Retrieved December 24, 2009.
- "Shy Love Opens Her New Club In Colorado". adultnewsxxx.com. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- . Cameron Marshall, Blake Riley Go Straight. Retrieved on August 15, 2008.
- Archive.org copy of Adult Talent Managers website
- Staff. "Shy Love Sells Remaining Interest in ATMLA to Mark "Blazing" Schechter". Adult Video News. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "XRCO 2005 AWARD CATEGORIES, NOMINATIONS, AND WINNERS". X-Rated Critics Organization. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "AVN AWARDS 2007 NOMINEES". Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- AVN Staff (2012-12-21). "AVN Announces 2013 Hall of Fame Inductees". AVN. Retrieved 2014-07-23.
- "2013 AVN Awards Nominees" (pdf). AVN Awards. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "XBIZ Awards 2013 Nominees". XBIZ. 16 November 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shy Love.|