|Simon Hart MP|
|Member of Parliament
for Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Nick Ainger|
15 August 1963 |
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
|Spouse(s)||Abigail Kate Hart|
|Alma mater||Royal Agricultural College|
|Website||Simon Hart MP|
Simon Anthony Hart (born 15 August 1963) is a British Conservative Party politician, who was elected in the 2010 general election as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire, defeating the previous Labour MP Nick Ainger who had represented the constituency since its creation in 1997.
Hart was born in Wolverhampton, grew up in the Cotswolds, and attended Radley College before the Royal Agricultural College in Cirencester. He worked as a Chartered Surveyor in Carmarthen and Haverfordwest and served with the Territorial Army for five years in the Royal Gloucestershire Hussars (part of The Royal Wessex Yeomanry).
Hart was Master of the South Pembrokeshire Hunt for 10 years from 1988 to the end of the 1997/8 season.
Hart was Chief Executive of the Countryside Alliance, one of Europe's largest rural affairs lobby groups, 2003-2010, stepping down after his election as MP. He is currently in receipt of £20,000 per annum for 6 hours work per week from them. 
Hart lives in Llanmill near Narberth in Pembrokeshire with his wife Abigail and their two children.
Hart has been the MP for Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire since 2010.
Countryside Alliance and Animal Rights
Upon stepping down as Chief Executive of the Countryside Alliance, Hart received a one off severance payment equivalent to 6 months' salary.
In January, 2013, Hart said the RSPCA's legal role needs more oversight given its "political and commercial activities". He said that the RSPCA [has] a duty to spend its members' money wisely. He remarked that "gulf between the very good activity of inspectors on the ground whose principal concern is animal welfare and the leadership whose principal concern seems to be animal rights."
- Candidate: Simon Hart The Telegraph[dead link]
- All change in Carmarthen and Pembrokeshire BBC News, 7 May 2010
- Simon Hart writes to supporters, Simon Hart, Countryside Alliance 13 May 2010
- Simon Hart Register of Members' Interests, theyworkforyou
- Simon Hart MP official constituency website
- Simon Hart MP Conservative Party profile
- Simon Hart MP Welsh Conservative Party profile
- Carmarthen West & South Pembrokeshire Conservatives
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at Public Whip
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
- Profile at the Countryside Alliance
- Official channel at YouTube
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Carmarthen West and South Pembrokeshire