States of Malaya
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
States of Malaya may refer to:
- The Malayan Union, a British colony consisting of all states in Malaya besides of the Straits Settlements of the Penang, Malacca, and Singapore.
- The Federation of Malaya, the successor state to the Malayan Union, and federate of the British colony of the Straits Settlements of the Penang and Malacca excluding Singapore.
- The Malay states, divided into the Federated Malay States and the Unfederated Malay States.
- The States of Malaya or West Malaysia, Peninsular Malaysia formally known as the Peninsular Malaya a territories composing the Federation of Malaya consisting of the Malay states and the British colony of the Straits Settlements of the Penang, and Malacca which lies on the Malaya Peninsula later its name was also known as Malaysia Peninsula.
- In Singapore law of the Statutes of the Republic of Singapore, Malaya means the States of Malaya or Peninsular Malaya later its name was changed to Peninsular Malaysia.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.