Stonelick Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Stonelick Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Clermont County.
|• Total||29.9 sq mi (77.4 km2)|
|• Land||29.7 sq mi (77.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||791 ft (241 m)|
|• Density||195.6/sq mi (75.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085870|
Stonelick Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 5,816 people in the township, 5,000 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Goshen Township - north
- Wayne Township - northeast
- Jackson Township - east
- Batavia Township - south
- Union Township - southwest
- Miami Township - west
The village of Owensville is located in southern Stonelick Township.
Name and history
It is the only Stonelick Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Clermont County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.