|Origin||Stephenville, Texas, US|
|Genres||Hard rock, post-grunge, alternative metal, alternative rock|
|Associated acts||Eye Empire, Projected, Tremonti|
|Past members||Donald Carpenter
Submersed was signed to Wind-up Records, and worked with Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti on its debut studio album, In Due Time, which featured the singles "You Run", "Hollow", and the title track. After a short break and the departure of their guitarist Eric Friedman, the band continued work on their second studio album with producer Rick Beato. Their sophomore and final album, Immortal Verses was released on September 18, 2007 and featured two singles; "Better Think Again" and "Price of Fame".
As disclosed in a blog on Submersed' Myspace, the band has parted ways and will be dropped from Wind Up Records shortly. In the blog entry written by vocalist Donald Carpenter, he explained the breakup:
I know that all of you are wondering, what happened to Submersed? Well, the answers is... A lot.. This business and struggle to make it took its toll on the members... Two weeks before "Price of Fame" was slated for release, Tj, Kelan and Justin decided to move on with their lives and left SubmerseD. Garrett and I believing in "Price of Fame" made the choice to press on and see what could happen. Well, nothing happened... the single never had a chance... mind bottling... The fact is, is that a majority of our fanbase is unaccounted for due to Burning, making it impossible for the labels to understand just how many people really support us out there... When it comes down to it now, SubmerseD no longer has a place on Windup's roster and will be dropped shortly... I was trying to wait until things were a little more official before an announcement but you guys and gals are smart and I felt you deserved an explantion now rather than later.
On November 24, 2008 the band posted a blog on their MySpace that simply said "SUBMERSED WILL BE BACK!" No other details have been enclosed.
After the disbanding of Submersed, Donald Carpenter was in the band Million Man Army with Mike Moye and Nothing In Return with Lance Arny. Since the disbanding of Million Man Army, Moye has started his own production company called Mike Moye Productions (mikemoyeproductions.com) while Carpenter left Nothing in Return after a short time. He has since joined Eye Empire, along with former Dark New Day members, Corey Lowery and B.C. Kochmit. Eye Empire released its debut album in 2011.
Eric Friedman moved on to play lead guitar for the Los Angeles band Daughters of Mara. After Daughters of Mara disbanded, Eric joined Creed as a touring guitarist during their 2009 and 2010 tours. In 2012, he released one album as a member of the supergroup Projected and another album as a member of Tremonti which also featured Submersed drummer Garrett Whitlock.
- Original Members
- Donald Carpenter – vocals (2003–2008)
- Garrett Whitlock – drums (2003–2008)
- Eric Friedman – lead guitar, backing vocals (2003–2006)
- TJ Davis – lead guitar (2003–2008)
- Kelan Luker – bass (2003–2008)
- Former Members
- Justin Finley - lead guitar (2006-2008)
|US Hot 100||US Modern Rock||US Mainstream Rock||UK|
|2003||"You Run"||-||-||-||-||In Due Time|
|2005||"In Due Time"||-||-||31||-|
|2007||"Better Think Again"||-||-||36||Immortal Verses|
|2008||"Price of Fame"||-||-||-||-|
List of other songs
- "Complicated" featured in soundtrack of The Punisher.
- "Broken Man","Leave" and "Come To Me" from All Things Becoming Of An End album
- "Who You Are", an unreleased song, but performed live.
- "Holyland", a very early version of "Flicker". The song is a completely different one on its own, and sounds nothing like Flicker, but it does share the lyrics for the chorus, and the odd melody can be heard on "In Due Time". It has been performed live.
- "Lonely Road" and "Everything" are B-Sides from Immortal Verses
- "You Run" single contains 2 different versions of "You Run" other than "In Due Time" version.Single versions is highly different from the album version
- There is an extended version of "At First Sight" from early leaked version of "Immortal Verses"
- "See You In Heaven" is an unreleased track that Submersed has planned to use in one of their future albums or compilations.
- There is single version of "Price Of Fame" for planned to use as single with different drum work.
- We Stand Alone (unreleased track)
- Seam (unreleased track)
- Keep You Waiting (unreleased track)
- You Know Everything? (unreleased track)
- Best Of Me (acoustic unreleased track)
- Inside These Songs (unreleased track)
- O Holy Night (unreleased track)
- Inquisition (unreleased track)
- My Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword (unreleased track)
- Guilty Pleasure (unreleased track)
- Coward (acoustic unreleased track)
- My Last Goodbye (unreleased track)
- Messenger (unreleased track)