23 December 1925|
Peshawar, British Raj (now in Pakistan)
|Died||24 September 2011
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Surinder Kapoor (23 December 1925 – 24 September 2011) was an Indian film producer. He produced Bollywood films and also served as President of the Film & Television Producers Guild of India from 1995 to 2001. He was born in Peshawar, British India (in present-day Pakistan). Surinder Kapoor belonged to a minority Punjabi Hindu family from Peshawar.
His three sons, Boney, Anil and Sanjay, are also involved in the film industry. His daughter-in-law Sridevi is a famous Bollywood actress. His daughter, Reena, is married to Sandeep Marwah of Marwah Films & Video Studios.
- Pukar, producer
- No Entry (2005), producer
- Bhooka Sher (2001), director and producer
- Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai (2000), producer
- Sirf Tum (1997), producer
- Judaai (1997), producer
- Loafer (1996), producer
- Thanedarni (1994), director
- Woh Saat Din (1983), producer
- Hum Paanch (1980), producer
- Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan (1978), producer
- Ponga Pandit (1975), Producer utv
- Milenge Milenge (2010), producer
- Bikash Rao
- Shehzada (1972)
- Talk Back: Eye On India (Interview with Anil Kapoor) Ep33 Pt1. Pakistan: Dawn News. Retrieved 2012-08-23.
I'm a Pathan's son... my father, my grandfather they were all Pathans from Peshawar...
- "Its all in the family". Times of India. 2 October 2009. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Bollywood veteran Manoj Kumar felicitated with Phalke Ratna award". Zee news. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Film producer Surinder Kapoor dies". Daily Bhaskar. 25 September 2011. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Pradhan, Bharathi (2 October 2011). "Separation pangs for Sri". The Telegraph. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Surinder Kapoor at the Internet Movie Database
- The Film & Television Producers Guild of India
- Presidents of the Film & Television Producers Guild of India
- India Times
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|